Yumi is looking for a Head of Retention and Email Marketing.
Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered direct to your door.
A passionate team of parents, nutritionists, engineers and people who are simply committed to a healthier future, we were appalled by the glut of highly processed, nutrient-poor options at the grocery store. We believe families deserve better options especially for the first 1,000 days -- a period recognized by the scientific community as the most important period in a human’s life for nutrition and development. Through nutrition and content rooted in science, we want to help parents connect the dots between food and development and raise the standards of the entire market for childhood nutrition. We’re well-funded, rapidly-growing and sparking a national movement that’s transforming a $48 billion industry.
If you’re stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we’d love to add you to the fam. Let’s raise a healthier generation together!
Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We’ve also backed by some of the top luminaries in consumer, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, Casper. You’ll have access to Yumi’s extensive network of company advisors, who represent some of the most notable names in the tech industry.
In your position, you will:
- Structure and oversee data projects to understand customer behavior and create strategies based on results to drive retention and LTV
- Analyze data to create a personalized contact strategy segmented by both individual and cohort behavior
- Drive loyalty initiatives across all customer cohorts
- Oversee gifting and surprise and delight programs for most loyal customers
- Manage product reviews program including targeted outreach
- Develop and maintain customer health dashboards and reporting for the company
- Work with the creative team to develop email newsletters that are segmented, personalized and drive overall marketing and merchandising messages
- Continuously A/B test programs to create an evolving set of ‘best practices’
- Analyze email performance and trends vs. goals and share insights and recommendations
- Develop and optimize lifecycle specific programs and promotions and promotional calendar as a whole
- Manage improvements to email processes, templates and/or functionality and be the in-house expert on email strategies and industry best practices
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external business partners to ensure overall email program performance, including implementing new technical functionality, list hygiene best practices and ensuring deliverability
- Manage calendar and develop and lead, day-to-day execution of email and site marketing campaigns, from creative brief through deployment
- Make recommendations on contact strategy and catalog content based on historical performance
- Develop direct mail programs based on customer lifecycle (ie age of child and nutritional needs)
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5-7 years email/retention marketing experience at an online subscription business
- Excel expert
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with Iterable or a comparable email marketing program
- Familiarity with lifecycle/automated drip campaigns
- Data obsessed and experienced analyzing customer data sets and creating action plans based on results
- Basic copywriting skills a plus
- Experience with direct mail a plus
- Incredibly organized with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A detail-oriented, self-motivated, multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using a BI tool and drawing actionable conclusions
Yumi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) in all our employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, creed, ancestry, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity/gender expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, military status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.