Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally.
We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach.
We’re building a strong team of analytical, experienced B2B demand marketers to help us continue to scale our growth worldwide. As an early member of the team, you will help us build the practice and experiment with digital journeys, media, creative, and messaging to garner best practices that help grow our user base and revenue.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Head of Lifecycle Marketing who will build the customer lifecycle marketing strategy. You’ll lead the marketing strategy, development, and execution of personalized expansion and retention programs for existing Stripe customers, including developing cross-channel marketing programs that educate customers about the benefits of purchasing additional products, as well as retention programs targeted at customers that are at risk of churn or contraction. You will lead a team of campaign marketers who work with localization experts, email, and in-product marketing specialists all tasked with developing and executing cross-segment marketing programs for Stripe’s paid customer base. Your team will also partner with global and regional product marketing teams to translate business strategy and requirements into personalized cross channel marketing campaigns for customers. As the owner of Stripe’s expansion and retention programs, you will drive requirements with the Marketing Analytics and Operations teams for analysis and reporting on the success of these programs from a full-funnel perspective.
The role requires a passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer. You will have extensive experience with A/B testing and marketing experimentation. You have an eye for great creative and copy, coupled with excellent customer instincts. You will relentlessly innovate on behalf of customers, and actively participate in a strong culture of rapid experimentation, measurement, and iteration within your team.
You come from a B2B SaaS background and have significant expertise developing and optimizing lifecycle marketing programs to drive customer engagement, expansion, and retention. You will have deep experience in building teams that focus on narrative arcs, high quality content, triggers, personalization, and analytics across multiple surfaces to drive highly profitable and scalable campaigns. You thrive in hypergrowth, fast-paced, ambiguous environments. You excel at critical thinking, problem solving, working cross-functionally, and building for scale. You have a user-first mentality and a passion for building from the ground up.
- Formulate, champion, and manage the team that owns the strategy for Lifecycle marketing efforts globally
- Operate as a player and a coach: Build and manage a team that creates narrative based, personalized, and triggered campaigns that build customer loyalty, upsell, cross sell, and avoid churn, while building some yourself while you work to fully resource the team
- Hire and develop extraordinary marketers, mobilizing them to execute on your vision while positioning them to achieve their ambitious professional development goals
- Continually build on the foundation for user and team growth through the development of repeatable, scalable processes and frameworks.
- Partner closely with Legal, Privacy, Finance, Insights & Analytics, Product Marketing, Data Science, Creative, and Demand Marketing teams to supercharge a multi-channel, multi-touch, lifecycle program and champion our lifecycle marketing roadmap
- Build a holistic, personalized view of customer experience end-to-end, identify customer pain points, and recommend solutions
- Establish a rigorous analytical framework and manage the reporting and performance of all lifecycle initiatives; Monitor and analyze campaign results across all channels to understand the efficacy of strategies and tactics for improving key engagement and retention metrics
- Develop robust test and learn strategies that guide optimization of campaigns
- Establish and maintain a high bar for marketing creative and copy
- Establish and expand CRM efforts to international markets including infrastructure, people, process, and best practices
- Prepare and communicate team updates and performance to cross-functional teams and key business stakeholders
- Be a strategic thinker, problem solver, and communicator who is focused on building meaningful and impactful long-term relationships with consumers
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A track record of scaling and developing large, high-performing, and happy marketing teams across multiple markets to achieve challenging targets and standards
- Demonstrated results in improving sales pipeline/funnel close and conversion ratios, ideally in the post-purchase customer lifecycle stage
- Keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce as well as marketing automation tools such as Marketo, with a strong track record leveraging those tools to create successful, multi-channel, and multi touch campaigns
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material
- Ability to influence, lead, and coach cross functional teams, and champion new concepts and ideas
You’ll also likely have:
- 10+ years experience as a marketing leader who has successfully delivered international results impacting both growth and retention through Lifecycle marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA – preferred
Nice to haves:
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers as well as a strong affinity for sales team success
- User centric strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind, with data orientation and the drive to create a stronger brand and improve the customer experience
- An energy giver with a positive outlook and the ability to influence your team leads, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- A natural team player, with a strong track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability, with a track record of “test & learn” mindset
- Strong creative marketing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines, multiple partners/ vendors, and complexity
- Interpersonal skills to help you nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent team player, who values other views and can earn stakeholder confidence quickly and influence effectively
- Positive, can-do attitude and adept at thinking outside the box and pivoting quickly
- Experience and desire for working in a start-up environment, contributing to developing business infrastructure, and aggressively scaling a high growth business