Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking an Email Marketing Leader to bolster our current email push and drive retention. This person will drive cross-title promotion and engagement. Good balance of knowledge in email tools, how to activate and leverage data sets, audience segmentation. We are looking for someone who is logical who will audit our current sequencing journey. They will evaluate: How we build a thoughtful plan around email journeys, if they are effective, and how we can optimize. Knowledge of template design and overall email hygiene. Will work closely with the VIP group in creation of more loyalty amongst that community. The role will soon scale to SMS.
What You Will Do
- Lead the implementation of email and engagement marketing programs including but not limited to: email creation, segmentation, deployment, measurement, optimization, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and execute email experiences that drive conversion, retention, and reactivation.
- Develop an iterative testing strategy to gain insights and continually improve the customer experience through optimized messaging, segmentation, and targeting
- Partner closely with insights & data science teams to analyze customer behavior, leverage those insights to identify customer segments for use in email marketing automation
- Drive ongoing optimization through comprehensive A/B testing strategy, including developing best practices playbook and socializing learnings across the team
- Be obsessed with our email experience, always uncovering new opportunities for improvements, and being the internal expert on all things email
- Craft insights-driven briefs that inspire our creative team to develop email communications that further our customer’s relationship with Ritual and deliver on our business objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree required - Master’s Preferred
- 10+ years minimum driving Email, Loyalty/Rewards, CRM and Retention Marketing
- World class leadership and management experience (5+ years minimum)
- Strategic and Analytical thinking skills
- Compassionate leader to grow and foster high growth organization
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.