RM is the leading supplier of technology and resources to the education sector, supporting schools, teachers and pupils across the globe - from pre-school to higher education – including examination boards, central governments and other professional institutions.
We’re on the lookout for a Head of CRM and Campaign Marketing to join our team.
What we can offer you;
- £55,000 - £65,000 depending on experience
- 25 Days Annual Leave (with an option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Performance related bonus scheme (if applicable)
What’s the purpose of this role?
The Head of Direct Marketing will lead the CRM strategy and be responsible for defining implementing and measuring all customer marketing campaigns. Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership of the CRM function, setting and reinforce a best-in-class marketing culture, embedding core competencies to drive high performance
- Working across the entire value marketing chain (acquisition, engagement and retention) to ensure delivery of activities to meet and exceed KPIs
- Work with the Marketing Director, Product Director, Commercial Director, and Head of Digital to develop strategies to improve the customer journey from interest to loyalty.
- Developing customer profiling through key segmentation techniques
- Defining and executing direct marketing activities based on optimal ROI and customer life time value improvements
- Ensuring all marketing activities are monitored and measured for their effectiveness. Utilise data and insights to drive campaign improvements
- Work collaboratively with the wider marketing team to ensure product and commercial goals are understood and incorporated into campaign planning
What does the job entail?
The duties are wide ranging, but ultimately involves;
Provides clear direction through articulation of ambitious long term plans. Shows clear link to business strategy and how their own area contributes to organisational goals/vision. Ability to develop and drive a successful growth strategy. Strong alignment to core values.
Ability to understand how to preserve the best in different business environments whilst guiding transformational change across the areas to ensure synergy. Demonstrable experience of aligning high level strategic intent with the implementation of change needed to deliver the strategy. Continuous focus on improvement and finding new and better ways of doing things, encourages others to do the same.
An excellent communicator, clear succinct and expressive in delivering information to others both orally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills. Seeks to actively engage an audience to ensure "buy-in" and commitment.
Drive for Results
High levels of drive with a passion for results, motivated by demanding business challenges, demonstrates energy and enthusiasm in pursuit of business goals. Takes ownership and responsibility for ensuring results are achieved. Prepared to constructively challenge thinking on strategy and approaches to achieving results.
Managing and Motivating People
Inspires confidence in the team's ability to achieve goals, particularly in an environment with a high level of change. Manages individuals and teams effectively setting out clear expectations and monitoring ongoing delivery of results. Ability to guide, facilitate, challenge and empower the debate of critical issues, leveraging all peer and team members’ skills and knowledge to achieve consensus and deliver results. Supports individuals’ development through coaching and active development of skills.
Effective Judgement/ Decision Making
Makes high quality decisions within the necessary timescales. Does this by evaluating relevant data, considering options and reaching unbiased, logical conclusions. Considers the overall business impact of the decision before making it
What are we looking for?
You will have a passion for marketing, strong analytical skills and excellent leadership qualities. A curious mind and a critical thinker who operates through a customer centric lens. You should l possess the following skills and competences:
- A strong leader with a proven track record of delivering profitable growth in a highly pressured role, ideally as a Head of Direct Marketing or Direct Marketing Manager
- Experience of successfully translating customer and market insights into commercial and profitable campaign plans
- Proven experience of delivering profitable growth and improving customer engagement through direct marketing activities
- Strong experience across multi- disciplined marketing, Catalogue and Direct Mail marketing experience is essential
- Solid business, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent technical and professional expertise
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- A strong track record of managing teams to create a clear roadmap for talent management, motivating and upskilling in the correct areas to ensure organisational improvement
- Demonstrable drive, energy and passion with an appetite for change and experience of successfully leading change and engaging people on the journey.
- Highly personable, engaging approach and a strong alignment to RM's core values: Be Brave, Win Together, Be Curious, Make it Simple and Consider it Done
- A confident decision-maker who is able to demonstrate sound commercial judgment in a broad variety of complex business scenarios
- An interest in the education sector is desirable
Our competitive core benefits package includes 25 Days Annual Leave (with an option to buy an extra 5 days), a Performance Related Bonus Scheme, membership of our Group Personal Pension with higher contribution levels available from the Company if you choose to contribute more, Private Medical Healthcare and enhanced family leave.
We also offer voluntary benefits such as Cycle to Work Scheme, Family Private Medical Healthcare, Dental Plan, Health Cash Plan, Critical Illness Cover, Health Assessments (cost deducted over 12 months), Give as You Earn and an Employee Referral Scheme.
At RM we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive and flexible workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.