At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
As part of the Lifecycle Team and wider Product Growth Group you will play a significant role in helping improve Canva’s user journey.
The Lifecycle team is fairly established at Canva, and this role will support in optimising and scaling our existing campaigns to further drive growth for our Email and Messaging channels. The team works cross-functionally with i18n growth marketers, engineers, designers and product coordinators to exponentially grow Canva’s activation, retention and revenue channels.
You will be responsible for execution and delivering growth outcomes and will play a crucial role in Canva’s activation and retention goals.
Teams at Canva strive to strike a measured balance between getting things done effectively and long term scalability. We keep things tight, with no big egos, promote a highly data informed approach and welcome self-driven professionals to come and join in on the adventure.
We are looking for people who have a keen interest in email and mobile messaging and can bring an open mind and willingness to learn more about this space. We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so.
The successful candidate thrives on challenges, is not afraid to try new things, going from experiment to experiment without losing enthusiasm. They also enjoy working with cross-functional teams and launching campaigns in uncharted waters; putting their own stamp on Canva’s revenue and retention metrics.
What you’ll be doing...
- Build and set-up email templates and campaigns and maximise the impact of these campaigns by driving engagement metrics(open rate, click rate, ctor).
- Contribute to Canva's retention and revenue strategies by optimising email campaigns.
- Ensure all emails are on-brand and maintain below average unsubscribe rates, abuse rates and other negative indicators.
- Run, manage, analyse and optimise A/B and multivariate email campaigns tests.
- Coordinate with many stakeholders at Canva of various backgrounds including engineers, translators, SEO specialists, designers, copywriters etc to define best practices and strategy.
- Involvement with other marketing and growth activities as needed.
- Create and communicate weekly reports on the performance and impact of emails.
What we're looking for..
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small. A self leader who can work independently in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- You understand the components of an effective and compelling email, including:email copy, email design (e.g. visual hierarchy), subject lines, Pre-headers, CTAs.
- You know how to prioritise and conduct A|B or multivariate testing to improve email engagement rates but you also analyse email performance based on it’s impact on activation, retention and revenue goals.
- You are a clear and concise communicator that can effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive goals.
- You are a self-motivated, flexible, team player with solid multi-tasking, time management & organization expertise with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities.
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
What you'll love at Canva...
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- HMO with free dependents
- Professional Educational Support
- Gym Benefits
- Free breakfast and lunch meals prepared by our in-house chefs!
- A 7am – 4 pm schedule
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Rest assured - everyone's safety is our top priority. If you get the role, you'll be working remotely with the rest of the team until it's safe to go back to the office and resume normal operations.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.