Are you passionate about crafting technical data-driven solutions to customer engagement? Do you operate quickly, creatively, and accurately? Are you an organized self-starter with strong problem solving skills who value cross-functional team collaboration?
We are looking for a Global Retention Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing team! This role will work closely with cross-functional partners to lead, build, and optimize email marketing campaigns to engage and delight Etsy Buyers around the world.
The role will bring our strategy and programming standard methodologies to life through the successful planning, experimentation, and detailed execution of coordinated buyer email campaigns, in addition to evergreen ad-hoc email sends for our key international markets.
You will provide input to channel plans, campaign strategies, and priorities by continuously innovating with data-driven insights and campaign performance. You’ll identify audience-specific engagement trends to deliver innovative campaigns.
This role is based in our London office and will primarily support our priority international markets (UK, Germany, Canada, and France).
- Partner with teammates to lead, develop, produce, launch, and optimize targeted communications via email and push notifications (launching average of ~3 marketing campaigns a week and an average of ~2 triggered series a month)
- Own and update the International Email Marketing calendar and drive the campaign production schedule to ensure timely and accurate campaign launches
- Collaborate with partners to continuously optimize campaign engagement by developing / automating engaging content and recommending metrics-based testing and targeting
- Compile, analyze, and deliver weekly reporting and insights to improve future campaigns
- Deliver campaign briefs and own project status communications across partners, evolving the process as needed
- Quality assure and proof own campaigns to ensure compliance with briefs, accurate tracking, programming guidelines, and content strategy
- Contribute to ongoing CRM initiatives including continual optimization of channel strategy, platform, and related processes
- This role requires occasionally working outside of normal business hours such as weekends or early mornings depending on campaign launch times
- Have 6+ years of online and direct response marketing experience with success executing targeted global email marketing programs (ideally across several different countries)
- Shown digital and content marketing expertise with strong visual, programming, and copywriting skills
- Detail oriented and have shown success in delivering high quality, innovative, and engaging campaigns
- Experience working with various Email Service Providers (ESPs) and running email campaigns. *Bonus if you have worked in the Braze MAP*
- Preferred: You understand CAN-SPAM/CASL requirements, email design standards, inbox deliverability, and you have built HTML emails previously
- Bonus: B2C digital marketing experience with a third party marketplace
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.