Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers. We'll achieve this with a constant focus on our journalism, and by using the data and understanding we have of The Telegraph's audience to successfully grow our revenue streams from subscriptions to advertising, travel, events, and financial services.
You will be responsible for assisting in the creation of all subscriptions, commerce, events, and editorial emails, from production (code and assets) to QA. Strong working knowledge of email marketing, email limitations, fixes, working with email templates, and trends is required.
You will also work closely with the Marketing and Design team to produce digital material such as Landing pages, microsites, and In-app messaging on an ad-hoc basis.
- Building the daily/weekly emails based on briefs from the clients, using in-house templates and styles.
- Quality control for third party emails for coding errors and rendering issues in different mail clients.
- Research and testing to try out and keep in-house emails fresh and leading the industry for email design and development.
- Advising on best practice to all internal stakeholders across the business and, on occasion, external clients.
- Creating eye-catching and successful emails.
- Craft promotional pages in collaboration with Marketing and Design.
- Work in conjunction with Senior CRM Manager and other stakeholders on troubleshooting inbox placement with Return Path.
- Work with stakeholders to create fully-functional templates for business areas such as advertising and commerce.
- Develop advanced personalisation functionality in email.
- CRM lead for 3rd party integrations in email templates (e.g. LiveIntent, Moveable Inc, LiftIgniter).
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a genuine passion for all things code.
- Expert in HTML (hand coding), CSS and JS (vanilla / JQuery) with the ability to identify issues easily.
- Understanding and implementation of responsive design and some experience in html5/css3.
- Experience with Liquid syntax would be beneficial.
- Design software knowledge is a plus (Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch).
- Experience in and comfortable self-managing multiple projects at the same time with short deadlines.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Strong eye for detail.
- Knowledge of email clients and techniques to employ in order to get emails to render consistently well across email clients with a strong sense of brand identity and user experience fundamentals.
- Personal and career development opportunities such as communication, soft skills and industry qualifications
- Work within a dynamic team, who challenge the status quo and champion agile working & continuous improvement; adopting the Telegraph's values - being together, fearless, open-minded and informed - in everything we do
- 25 days' holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years' service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & wellbeing and financial benefits.
The Telegraph's goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.