The Executive Director, Lifecycle Marketing & Engagement is a data-driven marketer or product manager with proven digital experience to own our CRM/CLM, retention marketing, and customer care efforts. This role is responsible for the strategy, execution and optimization of user engagement, personalization, retention, and reactivation.
In this role, you will help nurture STARZ OTT subscribers throughout their member lifecycle. The role requires a passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer.
You will have extensive experience with A/B testing and marketing experimentation. You have an eye for great creative and copy, coupled with excellent customer instincts. You will relentlessly innovate on behalf of customers, and actively participate in a strong culture of rapid experimentation, measurement, and iteration within your team.
- Own, drive, and report on KPIs and targets related to on-boarding, member engagement, trial-to-member conversion, retention, churn, and reactivations
- Work with the monetization team to leverage our offer/promotion ecosystem to maximize LTV
- Manage CRM agency and team in activation of data and customer insights to lead the development of comprehensive strategies that achieve engagement and retention goals
- Build a holistic, personalized view of customer experience end-to-end, identify customer pain points, and recommend solutions
- Partner closely with Legal, Finance, Insights & Analytics, Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Drive cross-functional campaign strategy and learnings across content acquisition, subscriber acquisition, and programming as a part of customer lifecycle and retention efforts
- Lead actionable customer segmentations and personalization efforts
- Devise, launch, test and optimize campaigns across the customer lifecycle, content calendar, and seasonal holidays through multiple channels including email, push notifications, and in-app messages
- Monitor and analyze campaign results across all channels to understand the efficacy of strategies and tactics for improving key engagement and retention metrics
- Develop robust test and learn strategies that guide optimization of campaigns
- Establish a high bar for marketing creative and copy
- Establish and expand CRM efforts to international markets including infrastructure, people, process and best practices
- Partner with creative team to develop relevant content and drive conversion
- Champion personalization of customer touch points and communications
- Stay on top of digital trends, competitors, and industry best practices
- Lead efforts to integrate care interactions into the broader lifecycle marketing experience, and report on KPIs, SLAs, and budget
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant CRM, engagement, marketing, pricing, media, OTT experience; MBA preferred
- Data obsessed; ability to create strategy based on robust analysis
- Excel at juggling multiple projects, staying organized and prioritizing deadlines
- Strong experience in a mobile-first, omnichannel, subscription environment
- Strong experience in engagement and retention marketing throughout different portions of the lifecycle
- Proven ability to translate data and customer insights into successful engagement strategies
- Obsessed with positive customer experience, content/copy, and accuracy across all customer touch points
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment and able to pivot readily based on real-time data
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing high-performing teams
- Competency in creating and rolling out customer service processes, policies, and procedures
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience leading global/multi-language CRM efforts preferred
- Intimate understanding of design, copy, and email best practices/guidelines; HTML coding and design experience preferred
- Proficiency in Marketing Automation software (ideally LeanPlum)
About the Company
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a “best of global SVOD” content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.