maurices is a women’s apparel retailer that celebrates feel good fashion for real life. It’s committed to its service with style promise and offering affordable fashion that takes women from workday to weekend and all of life’s adventures in between. With inclusive sizing from 0-24, maurices is famous for its versatile styles including key categories such as denim, dresses, tops, and more. Established in 1931, maurices operates 935 stores in communities across North America. Discover even more fashion at maurices.com.
Ready to help bring feel good fashion for real life™ to hometowns across North America? Join our family of amazing individuals. Since 1931, we’ve helped women look and feel their best every day — making maurices not only a special place to shop, but a great place to work and connect. Apply today!
The email & SMS marketing tech specialist serves as the technical product owner for the email, SMS, marketing automation and personalization service providers by providing recommendations for enhancements and/or process changes to help drive personalization, innovation, and agility. This role will also be responsible for supporting the production and development of dynamic email campaigns.
- Work directly with marketing automation and personalization partners to design and develop new personalization modules within the email templates.
- Implement 3rd party vendors where needed to augment personalization strategies.
- Work with CRM, data, and analytics partners to build experiences within content modules based on customer segments and/ or clusters.
- Defines the technical roadmap for our email, SMS, marketing automation and personalization service providers.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for the team regarding features and functionality for the technical partners we engage.
- Responsible for leading/project managing integration of third-party vendors with internal systems.
Email campaign development:
- Work daily email, copy, design, and broader marketing teams to support promotional, triggered, and lifecycle marketing campaigns.
- Develop email marketing campaigns including slicing PSD or XD files, converting to HTML, participating in the QA process, addressing revisions and campaign set-up within platform.
- Support SMS marketing campaign set-up in platform in a back-up capacity.
- Partner with 3rd party vendors and agency partners to help support email/SMS initiatives and strategies.
- Make recommendations to improve and optimize our communications through better content, coding, personalization, and automation.
- Understand and follow e-mail compliance standards.
Monitor and audit on-going programs and deliverability:
- Programs are running and performing as planned
- If a program fails, that we diagnose and resolve the issue in a timely fashion
- The current creative represents current brand guidelines
- Ensure data feeds are running and troubleshooting when issues arise
- Review regularly deliverability within platforms and coordinate appropriate team members when issues are detected.
Work Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, graphic design, or similar or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience building email campaigns or doing web development
- Familiarity with marketing automation and personalization vendors such as Movable Ink, LiveClicker, Dynamic Yield, etc.
- Experience working in email/SMS service providers such as Responsys, Salesforce, Attentive, etc.
- Knowledge of segmentation strategies or experience working with CRM lists
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to execute projects from beginning to end with minimal supervision.
- Strong HTML knowledge, including mobile responsive for email
- Be able to prioritize projects and workload to meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable of email best practices and design standards
- Experience utilizing Photoshop or other photo editing tools
- Ability to learn and adopt to changing tools, technologies, and business quickly
- Ability to collaborate with internal teams, external partners and agencies
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- The ability to utilize data and analytics to determine actionable recommendations.
- Innovative spirit and a motivated self-starter with a desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Collaborative, creative, and flexible work style