The Senior Email Specialist reports to the Manager-Professional Services and is committed to providing complete, timely and accurate campaign deployment through the IBM Watson Campaign Automation platform. The ability to follow complex email deployment processes, assess technical information, and attention to detail are essential for the Email Specialist. The Email Specialist must be able to adjust, adapt, and execute all responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for development of email marketing campaigns using IBM Watson Campaign Automation (WCA) platform.
- Designs and codes superior technical solutions around web forms, dynamic content and landing pages. Works on coding these areas to improve look and feel to Client’s specifications.
- Advises Clients and Team about effective ways to create dynamic content mailings.
- Upload Client lists, HTML images, template creative to WCA; update and maintain Client email campaign information.
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest email design, production technologies, proven best practices, and various e-mail Clients (i.e.,: Outlook, Lotus Notes, Eudora, Excite/Hotmail/Yahoo, etc.) and puts that knowledge to use on the job.
- Manages resources within budget and project schedule as agreed with Client.
- Communicates and enforces coding standards amongst the team and updates team on latest standards. Generates enthusiasm among team members for HTML coding and builds.
- Needs to be comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities, a high volume of ongoing projects, and fast turnaround.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve unexpected design & code issues quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects in a demanding environment.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen Client relationships.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond required training.
- Trains other employees through both formal and informal training programs.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant business experience.
- Ability to hand-code and trouble shoot complex HTML, preferably with experience in email-specific coding practices.
- Solid knowledge of computer software and hardware. Highly desirable skills include: e-mail systems, Internet technologies, Web-based applications, CSS, data manipulation, database operations, HTML, and XML.
- Impeccable organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Interactive marketing, sales or customer support background a plus.
- Experience with HTML template coding, such as Handlebars, as plus.
- Ability and proven experience with strategic thinking and complex decision-making a plus.
- Account Management and Project Management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
- Cooperate with matrixed team members to meet goals or complete tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance; detail-orientation is a must.
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
- Effective collaborator with proven process improvement skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to consistently learn new technologies and apply those concepts to customer’s needs.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Keep up-to-date on technology trends, developments & best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base.
- Actively organizes team training sessions in HTML.
- This role will work closely with key departmental and project stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a key priority in this role. No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
Acoustic is an independent marketing cloud with the open platform needed for success in a dynamic world. We’re reimagining marketing technology by lessening the burdens of repetitive tasks and equipping marketers with powerful technology that is simple and easy to use. We give marketers more time to do what really matters—to think bigger and put themselves back into the work. We help marketers aim higher, bringing humanity back into marketing. Acoustic serves an international client base of more than 3,500 brands, including Fortune 500 companies, providing digital marketing, marketing analytics, content management, personalization, mobile marketing, and marketing automation solutions. For more information, visit www.acoustic.com .
Acoustic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everyone. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.