In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Email Program Manager
As Filson’s Email Program Manager you will lead our highly effective email program and manage the organization of program inputs, as well as analysis and optimization outputs to increase program efficiency and revenue.
You will bring a project manager’s perspective to the role with highly functioning scheduling and planning skills and leverage your experience developing innovative campaigns and tactical experiments a retail DTC or ecommerce marketplace environment. You will develop systems to manage the selection of products to include in emails, as well as optimize content elements to continually improve the email program’s overall performance, while concurrently thinking big about how to grow the email program at a strategic level.
The ideal candidate will be able to spotlight extensive experience documenting email performance KPIs, including wide summary based sharing and analysis of email trends and A/B test results is required. You should provide examples of organizing cross team send calendars, developing content strategy, and adoption of behavior based services. In this strategic role you will ideate, test, and continually optimize email revenue in support of our omnichannel (ecommerce, store, wholesale) business as the through leader and owner of improvements to gross email channel revenue, customer acquisition, and retention.
You will be a strong content marketer with a program manager’s attention to detail, communication skills, and quantitative analysis. You will be comfortable coordinating complex and agile adjustment campaigns, publishing reports, and executive summaries. You will be the holistic program owner including, but not limited to, email tool (ESP) contract negotiation, personalization programs and AI adoption, plus lead marketing collaborations, technical problem solving, and customer lifecycle engagement strategies.
In this high visibility leadership role you will be robustly supported, but also independent and held accountable to demonstrable continual improvement in all aspects of owning and improving the full Filson email program strategy. You should be a continually curious self-starter with a track record of leading quickly adopted and successfully deployed technical solutions as well as a passion for content strategy optimization within complex high growth retail environments.
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS in business, marketing, analytics or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 6+ years email marketing experience with consumer brands.
- Strong natural communicator and leader of cross team project management initiatives.
- Experience working with enterprise level ESPs (e.g. Retention Science, Salesforce, etc)
- History of calculating email analytics and ability to translate data into narratives.
- Highly detail oriented and a highly focused campaign planning experience.
- Content strategy and optimization experience, bonus points for copywriting experience.
- Able to sit and work at desk and operate a computer for several hours at a time.
- Use hands and fingers to use computer
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve resources
- See, talk, and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee is occasionally required to move or lift up to 10 pounds
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the hearing voices through telephone handsets or headsets and through general face to face conversation
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read information on a computer screen or on a printed page
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.