Staples is focused on our customer and our community. As an Email Operations Project Manager for Staples, you will own the daily promotional email planning including managing all aspects of structure, process and communication related to Staples Retail promotional emails. This position also supports deployment strategy implementation and improvement, testing initiatives, email creative QA and campaign deployment.
Marketing is a key strategic pillar of growth for Staples Retail, and this role is critical to accelerating change and super-charging this high-potential business. Our people are the heart of our success and we believe in collaboration, curiosity and continuous learning in all that we think, create and do. We are investing in our people and our stores, empowering our people to learn, grow and deliver. Come be a part of a team that's leading the way in a new era of working and living.
- Single point of contact for stakeholders of daily promo email program (i.e. - Merchants, Marketers, etc.)
- Become subject matter expert of Staples email platform capabilities & technology (Optimove, SendGrid, Litmus, Klayvio, etc.)
- Manage pre-production/submission QA to ensure completeness of inputs for email platform creation
- Initiate promo email production process, track milestones of production phases to ensure timely execution of all promo emails, provide next steps and clarify process with stakeholders
- Establish and monitor KPIs, develop and present new test ideas/recommendations and optimization plans to drive business growth & campaign performance improvement
- Manages daily promo email schedule, coordinates prioritization of promos and seasonal messaging, manages campaign brief details for campaigns with campaign owner
- Develops wireframes/daily promo email plans based on approved prioritization and seasonal messaging provided and communicates to key stakeholders for approval
- Continuously partner with Marketing Automation team to grow & scale algorithmic targeting of audience, offers, etc. within email
- Create clear and detailed deployment plans to support new business strategies that include production timelines, live dates, segmentation details, customer experience and associated creative
- Manage Proof/QA all versions within Litmus and schedule campaigns within Optimove. Schedule A/B, and other creative tests/versions in Optimove
- Work cross functionally with merchandising and creative teams to gather all creative and offer details and ensure all changes/feedback are captured through 2 proof rounds
Best Practices & Innovation
- Develop and deliver user training materials with formal and informal training sessions as needed
- Continuously improve email processes, underlying platforms and tools to achieve "best-in-class" ecosystem by recommending and obtaining necessary alignment and approvals
- Partner with the circulation team to improve target audience segments based on communication objectives, data science modeled algorithms and customer analytics teams' recommendations
- Support the testing and development of new email capabilities including segmentation, personalization, recommendations, and creative improvements
Get great perks because, you matter.
- Generous amount of paid time off and bonus plan
- 401(k) plan with a company match, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and many more benefits
- On-site, discounted childcare, fitness center and dry cleaners in Framingham, MA corporate office
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
Essential Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 to 4 years of experience in campaign management, project management or generalist marketing
- 1 -2 years of direct email program experience, with a proven track record in simultaneously project managing multiple campaigns
Preferred Skills And Experience
- 3-5 years of marketing or project management experience preferred
- Must be a process driven, self-starter and creative problem solver, with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Time management skills, Detail oriented, Organized, Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with executing self-serve email campaigns within an email service provider.
- Demonstrated analytical skills. May be responsible for obtaining data, running reports and drawing conclusions from analysis
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.