Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
As Email Nurture Marketing Manager at Alation, you will be responsible for the development, execution, and optimization of our global email marketing programs across various personas, topics, and industries. You will own the end to end strategy of email drip/nurture campaigns to provide existing customers and prospective customers with relevant and industry-leading content across the buyer’s journey, both in the long term and short term.
Knowledge of best in class email copywriting and expertise using data to inform your decisions are both critical for success in this role. You will be measured on metrics including but not limited to: open rates, click-through rates, conversions, MQLs, pipeline, and new ARR.
This is a highly collaborative role that will work directly with multiple teams, including sales, sales development, marketing operations, product marketing, events, customer marketing, and brand design. As a member of the demand generation team, you will work alongside other passionate marketers who embrace and accept diverse opinions and aren’t afraid to try new ideas.
- Send best in class emails that drive sales pipeline and enhance Alation’s brand image and awareness
- Manage the end-to-end process of email marketing and nurture including but not limited to creating and managing lists, updating HTML email templates, QA of emails, creating simple and complex workflows (including AB testing), ensuring accurate attribution/tracking and reporting
- Own the email marketing calendar to keep our database engaged with the latest news, content, and events
- Work with Marketing Operations to manage all marketing automation workflows
- Regularly communicate upcoming email campaigns and report on status and results to cross-functional stakeholders
- Run highly targeted nurture campaigns to create qualified pipeline in strategic accounts and shorten the sales cycle in existing opportunities
- Own the email marketing technology stack and make recommendations for new tools
- Define and continually monitor and improve email marketing metrics
- Work collaboratively to create content and execute campaigns
- 3+ years of experience running successful email nurture programs
- Strong understanding of the buyer’s journey and how to serve the right audience the right content at the right time
- Experience collaborating with other teams including but not limited to: marketing operations, sales, sales development, product marketing, and brand design
- Proven ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- BA in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!