Established in 1998, Scooter's Coffee has distinguished itself as one of the premier specialty coffee companies in the industry. Scooter's Coffee may be one of the fastest-growing specialty coffee brands, but simplicity is at our core: sustainably-sourced ingredients we handcraft into perfection. We believe in taking time to connect and create an amazing experience in each life we touch. At Scooter’s Coffee, we live our core values of integrity, love, humility, and courage in all we do, and we are looking for talented, passionate, amazing people to join our team.
We’re looking for an experienced Email/Mobile App Marketing professional to develop and execute all email and mobile app programs and campaigns to drive engagement, subscriptions, and upsells for Scooter’s Coffee. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be creative and own the email and mobile communication between Scooter’s Coffee and our consumers at every milestone.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive sales through nurturing our lead base. You will optimize our lead nurturing process to maximize subscriptions while exceeding industry standards for hygiene and list maintenance.
- Develop a comprehensive email as well as mobile content strategy. You will own the email and mobile app communication strategy at every milestone. This includes email content, cadence, list, and frequency. Customer journeys differ based on market segment and you’ll have the freedom to develop strategies based on behavior, purchase intent, and preferences.
- Build campaigns from inception to production. Manage creative development and tactical execution of campaigns, including project kickoffs with stakeholders and coordination with design, product, data and sales teams.
- You will develop and maintain budgets for each deployment, then monitor, track, and report all marketing KPIs such as open rates, CTR, and Revenue per email/push for each campaign. Your reports and dashboards will allow you to quickly identify trends and spot opportunities and present all analytics and information to leadership as needed.
- Continuously test and optimize each medium to ensure we are constantly innovating and challenging our status quo. You will manage a process of iterative A/B testing to continually improve performance through optimized messaging, targeting, creative, content, etc. Individual must be able to understand how to create and implement a fully readable test that is statistically valid.
- Ensure compliance around email processes. You will keep up with email compliance regulations and ensure compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy, spam regulation (CAN/SPAM), deliverability, etc. You will also be responsible for knowledge of industry best practices at all times for each medium as well as possible threats and opportunities in each medium as well.
- You will be responsible for driving the loyalty integration and engagement of the list in each medium while making sure we are being strategic in marketing so we maintain financial objectives set forth by leadership.
- Working within a dynamic and highly collaborative culture, this role will be responsible for the on-brand, on-strategy execution and oversight local actions by translating national marketing strategies into creative concepts consistent with the Scooter’s Coffee standard, aesthetic and voice.
- Will working closely with external agencies and cross functional internal team members and will be responsible for the day-to-day performance of various digital marketing channels, including Paid/Organic Search, Affiliate Marketing, Email, Web Advertising and Social Media.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing/Information Technology preferred
- 5+ years of experience strategizing and executing email campaigns
- 10-15 years in a similar capacity: brand, retailer, or agency with strong focus on communications and content.
- Experienced digital marketing manager with a creative & entrepreneurial mindset, strong sense of urgency and drive for results.
- Direct experience executing channel strategies is preferred as well as someone who is an effective communicator and presenter; crafts compelling presentations and presents confidently at a senior level.
- This person should have strong analytic and insight skills; the ability to deep dive data and translate into actionable recommendations and possesses strong influence skills, the poise and the ability to gain alignment and investment from stakeholders. Must have retail brand sensibility in terms of content, visuals, copy and leadership experience.
- Expertise in operating on both strategic and tactical levels, translating vision to execution. The right candidate will have hands on expertise in an eCommerce and mobile focused environment, a track record of leveraging changes in consumer behavior, as well as a passion for the Scooter’s Coffee brand.
- Extensive experience in financial analysis driving annual, monthly and weekly cost and revenue budgets. Individual must be driven by brand and business metrics, particularly ROI, to deliver traffic, revenue, and engage existing and new customers to the brand.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, and social media monitoring platforms
- Strong understanding of technical aspects of search engine optimization
- Experience in analytics and delivering to KPIs
- Familiar with Customer.IO and/or experience with email marketing platforms like Responsys, bronto, bluecore, etc.
- Lives and breaths data and have shown an ability to make data-driven decisions
- Proven track record of both growing lists for each medium as well as developing email and mobile marketing campaigns that drive engagement.
- Experienced in high volume consumer or SAAS campaigns for consumer or small medium business markets.
- Understand how email can look different across device sizes.
- Deep understanding of marketing psychology and concepts.
- Exceptional attention to detail balanced by an ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with smart highly motivated team members