Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s most loved flower and gifting platform, growing at 100% year on year.
2021 has been an exciting year for us! In January we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), with participation from multiple other top tier investors including Index Ventures (who have also backed companies such as Transferwise and Glossier). More recently, in April we announced the acquisition of Dutch online flower business bloomon, together creating Europe's leading online flower delivery company, active across 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
The role and ways of working
We’re looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to join our Retention team on an initial 3 month contract (with scope to extend an additional month if required) to assist us in an integration piece following our recent acquisition of bloomon. Working closely with marketing teams from both companies you will be working to ensure a seamless transfer of templates, campaigns, processes and functionality as we migrate bloomon CRM campaigns from iterable to our ESP, Braze.
Reporting into our Senior Retention Associate you will be assisting with migration of content from one ESP to another. Key Responsibilities will include
- Supporting template builds.
- Recreation of campaigns, canvas flows and content blocks.
- Assisting in writing up comprehensive documentation.
- Understanding triggers that drive marketing emails from both companies so we’re able to correctly move over existing customer journeys to another platform, with no disruption to the customer.
- Experience in ESP migration.
- Highly logical in your approach to solving problems.
- Have a good understanding of HTML/CSS for email.
- A solid understanding of Liquid Logic.
- Have previous experience in using the Braze ESP tool.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and under deadline pressure.
- Good attention to detail is essential.
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and the return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so .
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully, and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
We pride ourselves in fulfilling our Work From Home Promise - here
In accordance to government guidelines
- We do not plan to fully open the office back up until at least the 19th July. The office will be open for people to use it as much or as little as they’d like.
- We will continue not to expect people to come in as a norm, but managers may ask team members to come in for specific reasons with plenty of notice (unless you are a fully remote team member)
- Bloom & Wild has no expectation that team members will need to come into the office 5 days per week again!
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, and there are regular company-wide events.
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4)
- We offer flexible bank holidays so at any time you can make a bank holiday day-off trade and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar.
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here!