In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now, we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
About the team:
Email Marketing is at the core of everything we do. It’s how we communicate with all our customers and draw them to our events. You’ll lead the Email Marketing team at Web Summit which develops and delivers best quality content across our emails. As part of the larger Content Marketing team, this cross-functional team has a unique structure and consists of creators and marketers.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll manage our Email Marketing team who create, manage and execute email campaigns that drive sales pipeline.
- You’ll decide how Web Summit talks about its events through email and shape its place in the wider tech industry.
- You’ll own the email marketing calendar to drive engagement of our database.
- You’ll be the driving force behind email marketing campaigns and roll out customer acquisition plans.
- You’ll effectively analyse and optimise campaigns to deliver better results.
- You will define Web Summit’s audience targeting strategy, testing methodology, and measurement of email marketing effectiveness.
- You’ll manage the end-to-end process of email marketing and nurture, including but not limited to: creating and managing lists, updating email templates, QA of emails, AB testing, and ensuring accurate attribution/tracking and reporting.
- You’ll support the build and implement complex automation workflows at scale.
- You’ll recommend and implement email best practices across the whole company, working with teams to provide recommendations that will support their initiatives.
- You’ll collaborate with other teams including advertising, web content, sales, product, design, growth and data science on creative ways to grow our email subscriber lists.
- You’ll be listened to. No matter how crazy your ideas seem!
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Deep knowledge of the entire email ecosystem, including responsive HTML emails, templates and a solid understanding of GDPR compliance and industry best practices.
- Strong quantitative skills that enable you to understand email performance and adjust when needed.
- An expert in audience segmentation across defined target audiences in promoting relevant, personalised messaging to all customers.
- A strong understanding of the buyer’s journey and how to serve the right audience the right content at the right time.
- Multiple years experience with email marketing and marketing automation tools such as MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Hubspot or others.
- You are highly strategic and you can write and edit clear, persuasive, original copy.
- An excellent communicator with an eye for detail.
- You have have a demonstrable understanding of tech and current affairs.
- You have experience managing a team and working with others on cross-functional projects.
- You are comfortable making fast, independent decisions and possess a well-honed sense of urgency.
- You’re invested in developing captivating content, finding new ways to engage with your audience and capturing their interest.
- 4+ years experience managing a busy email team, investing in individual growth.
- You've worked with data and making sense of complex databases
At WebSummit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.