The Digital Engagement Strategy Supervisor is responsible for developing best-in-class channel strategies for clients across social media, SMS marketing, and email. As a member of the Multichannel Excellence Pillar within the G&S Digital Center of Excellence, this position will supervise junior staff members. It will also be a resource for account managers and team members to ensure email marketing channels work seamlessly across marketing campaigns.
While this position is open to all candidates, G&S has a particular interest in the professional development of individuals from communities that are historically marginalized and currently underrepresented in our industry because of systemic bias or discrimination. Specifically, we encourage individuals of all genders (both cis and trans) from Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American/American Indian, Pacific Islander and LGBTQ communities to apply.
This position will be based in either Raleigh, NC or Chicago IL.
- Work with clients, account teams and internal/external stakeholders on email and integrated campaign strategy
- Collaborate with digital advertising, strategic capabilities, audience intelligence and performance, digital enablement, creative and account teams to drive optional campaign performance
- Review channel performance and deliver analysis of performance working closely with members of the Strategic Capabilities and Performance Marketing pillar
- Create automated campaign strategy, including lead nurturing, scoring, notifications, and other automated processes
- Contribute to the development of email channel personas
- Follow agency and account best practices for the use of email and SMS marketing for clients
- Maintain industry awareness of trends, create point of view documents and assess the direction of social media, SMS marketing and email marketing and how it fits into the bigger picture of digital marketing and traditional communications
- Review email and SMS copy and layout for optimal click engagement
- Continuously analyze and optimize channel performance
- Work in tandem with members of the creative team for overall email and SMS design (e.g. Full email, module, social integration, event based, etc.)
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior-level staff to foster employee development
- BS/BA Preferred; More than five years of professional experience with marketing automation platforms: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, HubSpot, Marketo
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in email marketing campaigns.
- Experience with email marketing software preferred: Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, iContact, Movable Ink, etc.
- Experience in lead nurturing and automated workflow/journey development.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and analyze subscriber audience behavior and insights using tools such as Litmus, Email on Acid, etc.
- Strong understanding of data privacy, CRM integration, and lead management.
- Knowledge of email trends, email service providers, CRM and mobile (SMS) applications.
- A strong understanding of Digital Marketing.
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and ability to troubleshoot.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good verbal and written communications skills, proven ability to meet deadlines, excellent organizational skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with others to deliver professional final products.