Pushkin Industries is an audio production company dedicated to creating premium content in a collaborative environment. Co-founded by Malcolm Gladwell and Jacob Weisberg in 2018, Pushkin has eight shows that have broken into the top 10 on Apple Podcasts, which in addition to Gladwell’s hugely successful Revisionist History are: Against the Rules, The Happiness Lab, Solvable, Cautionary Tales, Deep Cover, Broken Record, and The Last Archive. Our hosts include Michael Lewis, Jill Lepore, Rick Rubin, Bruce Headlam, Justin Richmond, Tim Harford, Laurie Santos, Ashley Ford, Hari Kunzru, Noah Feldman, Eric Lander, Niala Boodhoo and many more. Our original audiobook “Fauci,” produced with author Michael Specter, reached #1 on the Audible nonfiction books chart. We are dedicated to producing audio in any format that challenges listeners, inspires their curiosity, and incites joy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Email Marketing Strategist will inform and implement the strategy around newsletters, direct-to-consumer communication, and other email marketing campaigns to support Pushkin podcasts, audio products, and brand awareness. This is a hands-on position for a dedicated email marketing professional.
The right candidate will make data-driven decisions to create an effective funnel for growing subscribers, engaging listeners, and communicating with our diverse audience. This position reports to the Director of Audience Development.
- Manage the Pushkin Mailchimp account and maintain tactical organization of tags, segments, groups, and campaigns
- Design, write, and edit weekly/monthly/ongoing email campaigns tied to Pushkin podcasts and audio products to feature the latest news from the company, behind-the-scenes content, and more.
- Develop successful, data-driven automation series to engage both new and existing members of the Pushkin audience
- Hone the strategy to convert Pushkin website and social media fans into longterm newsletter subscribers
- Analyze data to report on successes and failures in order to inform future campaigns
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years experience in a dedicated email marketing role
- Proven expertise in Mailchimp or similar email marketing platform
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Masterful subject line composer with experience A/B testing for best results
- Experience using internal and third-party data tools to report of efficacy of campaigns
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Quick thinker and creative problem solver
- Demonstrated self-starter, comfortable setting priorities and goals
This is a full-time staff position that will be based in New York, NY -- though we expect this role to start remotely, and we will be flexible to remote arrangements on a longer term basis. We're committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read about our diversity principles here. Compensation will comprise a competitive base salary, full benefits (medical, dental, vision), and an annual performance bonus. Pushkin employees receive four weeks of paid vacation, inclusive of a Pushkin-wide holiday break where the entire company closes so that everyone can truly relax and recharge.