Hiscox is looking for an experienced email marketer to help us strategize, build, and optimize our lifecycle email programs.
This role will advise on overall email strategy for the team, incorporating best practices and developing a robust data-driven test and learn roadmap. You’ll work with stakeholders to assess goals and success metrics for campaigns and design and build campaigns in Eloqua, our marketing automation platform, to drive acquisition and retention of customers.
This role will sit on the Marketing Automation Team, reporting to the Manager of Digital Demand Generation.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
- An email marketer with proven, hands-on experience in converting leads to customers, and driving customers to return through effective email marketing (e.g., nurtures, newsletters, cross-sell campaigns, etc.)
- A champion for our consumers who knows email best practice and can use segmentation, personalization and testing to effectively communicate our value props
- An analytical marketer who enjoys data and can use it to help us ideate, spot trends, build new email programs and optimize existing ones
- A team player who can work collaboratively in a matrix organization
What You’ll Do
- Strategize, program and optimize email marketing campaigns that support acquisition, retention and loyalty
- Deliver and own email test roadmap, working with teammates to execute and build internal best practices
- Improve our buyer journey with gap analysis and best-practice solutions
- Identify and test new opportunities
- Manage email campaign production from end to end – from ideation around goals, audience, success measures and tests we can run, to post-launch reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with various teams to bring high-quality email marketing to life
- Create assets in our marketing automation platform (e.g., canvases/workflows, segments, forms, reports, emails and more)
- 2-4 years’ experience with a Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) or Email Service Provider (ESP), e.g., Eloqua, HubSpot, etc. – We use Eloqua but are happy to train you if you’re experienced in another platform
- Experience strategizing and building email programs for acquisition and retention
- Strong knowledge of email marketing best practice, trends and testing
- General working knowledge as a marketer of buyer personas and the buyer journey
- HTML/CSS experience preferred but not necessary
- Data-Driven Strategy
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
At Hiscox our spirit is in Challenging Convention and everything we do is guided by our Values.
- Courage: Dare to take a risk
- Human: Clear, fair & inclusive
- Ownership: Passionate, commercial & accountable
- Integrity: Do the right thing, however hard
- Connect: Together, build something better
What Hiscox USA Offers
- Competitive salary and bonus (based on personal & company performance)
- Comprehensive health insurance, Vision, Dental and FSA
- 401(k) with competitive company matching
- 24 Paid time off days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid sabbaticals after 10 years of service
- Dynamic, creative and values-driven culture
- Modern and open office spaces, complimentary fruit and drinks
- Spirit of volunteerism, social responsibility and community involvement, including matching charitable donations for qualifying non-profits via our sister non-profit company, the Hiscox USA Foundation
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass market insurance products. Instead we are selective and focus on our key areas of expertise and strength - all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
We insure the unique and the interesting. And we search for the same when it comes to talented people. Hiscox is full of smart, reliable human beings that look out for customers and each other. We believe in doing the right thing, making good and rebuilding when things go wrong. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. We like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve. We might have been around for a long time (our roots go back to 1901), but we are young in many ways, ambitious and going places. Some people might say insurance is dull, but life at Hiscox is anything but. If that sounds good to you, get in touch.
About Hiscox US
Hiscox USA was established in 2006 to focus primarily on the needs of small and middle market commercial clients, via both the broker and direct distribution channels and is today the fastest-growing business unit within the Hiscox Group.
Today, Hiscox USA has a talent force of about 420 employees mostly operating out of 6 major cities - New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Hiscox USA offers a broad portfolio of commercial products, including technology, cyber & data risk, multiple professional liability lines, media, entertainment, management liability, crime, kidnap & ransom, commercial property and terrorism.
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we’re committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn’t always have to be ‘nine to five’ and wesupport flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.