We have an exciting opportunity as an Email Marketing Strategist on our Ferguson team ! This role will be responsible for strategic and tactical execution of Ferguson’s B2C and B2B email marketing campaigns and projects.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing and executing email marketing campaigns along with reporting, database management and content development.
Please Note: This role is 100% remote.
- Collaborate to develop and implement short and long-term email marketing strategies to: target sales to existing customers, support lifetime customer value, educate and cultivate relationships with prospects and vendor leads and reduce customer churn.
- Use existing and new technologies including targeting, personalization, database segmentation, APIs, and email templates.
- Oversee data point mapping vital for performing campaigns, understanding complex data feeds and API calls, testing triggered emails, standing up transactional emails, building program logic and reading basic SQL.
- Oversee directly all SMS and push notification campaigns.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and reporting of email campaign performance and overall effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot sophisticated customer data processes within ESPs and work with other teams (DBA, developers, data engineers etc.) to identify and solve identified problem(s).
- Analyze email campaign results, and identify what customer data attributes are needed to launch new or optimize existing email campaigns, looking for ways to integrate data
- Lead ongoing email testing roadmap
- Serve as the main point of escalation for data integration for multiple platforms and systems, ensuring coordinated program management and efficient use of third-party programs and partnerships.
- Stay current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to email. Ensure email compliance and spam regulation (CAN-SPAM, CCPA) and share email program insights and recommendations with marketing business partners and associates.
- Work with legal team to ensure compliance when new or questionable situations arise.
- Understand vendor capabilities, expectations and strategies for applicable 3rd party software (i.e., Eloqua, Responsys, LiveClicker, Litmus, etc.) and play the lead role in ensuring features and capabilities of software are fully used.
- Eloqua Master and Responsys Master certification preferred
- 3-5 years of email marketing experience
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing and marketing automation tools required (Eloqua, Responsys, Litmus)
- Ability to strategize complex campaigns to meet business needs/goals and successfully communicate programs to various business groups
- Demonstrated understanding of complex data feeds, API calls, and basic SQL
- Ability to analyze data issues and produce working solutions. Self-service withing analytics tools (GA360, Domo, PowerBI) to gauge success, report back to stakeholders, and make data-based decisions.
- Ability to collaborate with others within the internal agency to create holistic campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, to be able to identify, pro-actively propose system and process improvements.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- Results-oriented, strong attention to detail with ability to run multiple projects in parallel.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and paternal), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!