WHAT YOU’LL DO
SCALE | You’re all about creating a unique and differentiated customer experience that drives loyalty and lifetime value. You understand that retaining current customers is a key to successful business growth - for both the client and CTC. As a Retention Strategist, you’ll be focused on scaling your clients’ email and SMS programs by creating personalized communication that builds long-term customer relationships.
PARTNER | Working closely with your Retention counterparts, Paid Media, Paid Search, CRO, and Creative Services, you’ll collaborate across internal teams to plan cohesive marketing campaigns that fuel growth for our clients. Partnership with internal teams and client counterparts will enable our clients to achieve their dreams by engaging and retaining customers.
GROW | You have a passion for results-driven data and a track record of being able to identify, develop, segment, execute and optimize retention marketing campaigns. You will adapt and evolve to the needs of your clients by creating and executing strategies that help grow LTV and profitability for their business.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Strategize retention campaign calendar and automation for email and SMS services, and effectively communicate a clear execution plan, internally and externally
- Indirectly manage a Retention Production Specialist to ensure on time delivery of assets, best-in-class creative production, and pixel-perfect execution
- Work alongside clients and internal teams to execute retention services in an efficient and effective manner to improve our clients cash multiplier and profitability
- Set up and manage a retention framework that includes testing, tracking, analyzing, implementing, and iterating on behalf of our clients
- Analyze historic performance and make recommendations about how to improve future performance using data from ESPs, Google Analytics, Shopify, etc.
- Collaborate with production staff and designers to deliver high quality create assets that convert
- Assist in the campaign QA process to ensure error-free deployment execution on behalf of our clients.
- Understand your clients’ goals and how changes to their retention marketing program can help get them there.
- Compile data and put together client reporting on an ongoing basis.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's degree preferred by not required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a retention role with a brand, agency, or CRM, and with a focus on DTC ecommerce.
- Strong knowledge of email marketing, ESP’s, copywriting and best practices for email deliverability.
- Understanding of other messaging platforms, such as SMS and Messenger.
- Proven experience in the direct-to-consumer space with expertise in Klaviyo or other major email service providers.
- Hands on experience with A/B testing and persuasive copywriting.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to support or defend a position or idea in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Relentless curiosity and an insatiable need to know more about your client, their product, and their customers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with great attention to detail.
- Self starter that can work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Inability to leave a problem alone until you’ve found one or many different potential solutions.
- The ability to confidently present plans both to your team and to clients.
- Attention to detail — if the copy is off-brand, you raise hell.
- Highly motivated individual with strong understanding of direct-to-consumer needs.
- A willingness to reject work when it’s not good enough — and the ability to kindly articulate why: Clear is kind.
We’re storytellers, buyers, builders, designers, coaches, partners, leaders, entrepreneurs of our own lives, and in our hearts, we at the Common Thread Collective (CTC), are dreamers.
With an untraditional take on marketing, CTC is a digital sales agency aimed at helping entrepreneurs of all stripes achieve their dreams.
A job is a job is a job. At CTC we don’t hire you for a job. We believe careers are a catalyst for your future self - because we’re not just interested in who you are, but in who you want to be. Come sell stuff online, tell stories, build websites, shape brands, create process, scale accounts, and help fellow entrepreneurs turn their dreams into reality.
We’ll come alongside you and care for you in your pursuits by offering full-time CTC entrepreneurs:
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits that fit your lifestyle and goals
- 401k program with a 3% company match (post 90 days employment) to bring out the investor inside you
- 4 weeks of paid time off on top of Holidays, your Birthday and the week of Christmas paid. Go get your R&R on so when you’re at CTC you’re firing on all cylinders
- A wellness reimbursement program that inspires 360 degrees of health: mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Two monthly sessions to tell a licensed MFT therapist your dreams as an entrepreneur in our Tell Me Your Dreams (TMYD) program. To top it off, we provide you with resources to realize your dreams through our Dream Fund