The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing and executing the production of email marketing campaigns, from planning through deployment and analysis. As part of the team, they will focus on improving the overall inbox experience and collaborate with cross-functional teams in marketing, business, and creative to produce successful email marketing programs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to execute email campaigns, ensuring campaign accuracy, effectiveness, and adherence to email best practices.
- Coordinates all aspects of email campaign planning and deployment for promotional, triggered, and transactional messages.
- Remains current on email best practices and U.S. CAN-SPAM compliance as well as honors customer subscription preferences.
- Works with business areas to help create a detailed email marketing strategy based on marketing, business, and customer needs.
- Works with Email Marketing Manager, Email Service Provider and internal teams to implement and adhere to the email marketing strategy.
- Develops and executes multi-variant test plans and works closely with creative teams to optimize campaign performance.
- Reviews and provides feedback to teams on the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns against objectives to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Performs competitive analysis on a regular basis to stay current in the industry and provides guidance and knowledge to the Digital and Marketing teams.
- Troubleshoots delivery issues and works closely with our deliverability specialist to ensure our email reputation remains in good standing.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year accredited college or university
- Strong knowledge of email marketing best practices and engagement metrics as well as CAN-SPAM legislation
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large number of email campaigns and segmentation strategies
- Strong working knowledge of front-end web technologies and capabilities, as well as experience working hands-on with HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with of Google Analytics or other tag-based Web analytics solutions
- Analytical thinker with proven ability to present insights
- At least one year of hands-on experience working with and deploying email messages
- Strong understanding of email marketing operations, technology and testing techniques
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize projects and keep the team informed on project status
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with effective problem-solving skills
- Proficient with spreadsheet software and HTML editors
- Experience with Marketing Cloud
- Familiarity with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar CRM systems
- Experience developing strategies for advanced list segmentation, workflows and triggered events
- Experience with lifecycle email marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of APIs and system-to-system integrations
- Experience in a digital creative environment
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategy, marketing campaigns, advertising and the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of deliverability best practices to ensure inbox placement and familiarity troubleshooting delivery issues
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: Minimum: $55,920 MidPoint: $72,695 Maximum: $89,470
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.