McClatchy is hiring an Email Marketing Specialist to execute the strategy and operations side of all consumer facing outbound messaging.
As Our Email Marketing Specialist , You Will
- Become an expert at our outbound systems for email and other services,
- Navigate our automation tools and reporting on outbound analytics that can be leveraged across the company,
- Be responsible for analyzing our data flow, segmenting it, and determining the best methods of reporting data to maximize the effectiveness of our digital strategy. The key to this will be orchestrating end-to-end communication throughout our customer journey flow.
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
Learn a little bit about us: McClatchy
Location: This position will work remotely within the United States.
- Become an expert in our ESP automation tools (Adobe Campaign)
- Responsible for implementation of comprehensive email marketing that delivers the needed volume to support each newspaper’s core print & digital products. define business requirements for marketing automation campaigns
- Build automated, multi-touch nurture programs for several audiences across the customer lifecycle
- Collaborate with product/engineering teams to define requirements for behavioral emails
- Work with the audience segmentation of our communications calendar to ensure audiences are not being messaged above the limits we've set as a team
- Maintain the performance and health of the email channel with regard to audience segmentation, list hygiene, and deliverability
- Day-to-day execution of McClatchy email program, including; setting up campaigns, coding emails, creating/segmenting lists, scheduling emails, setting up a/b tests, QA and reporting
- Monitor industry best practices. Integrate best practices to ensure optimal email results, improved deliverability, and compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy and spam regulation (CAN/SPAM)
- Work to design other ways to reach consumers outside of email including social media, on and off site messaging, etc.
- Work with the acquisition, retention and engagement teams on their goals and consumer journey flows to achieve success across the department
- BA or BS Degree AND
- 3-5 years in a similar email / CRM / marketing role, including experience with lifecycle email in a B2C company OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep knowledge of major ESP platforms: Cheetah & Adobe Campaign (preferred), Oracle Responsys, Salesforce ExactTarget, etc.
- Understanding of event-based data model and how it relates to marketing automation
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests
- Experience building, growing and optimizing lifecycle emails in a fast-paced environment
- Sufficient knowledge of HTML and CSS to be conversant with development teams.
- Excellent project management skills along with excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking to projects and the organization's opportunities, and able to work with various teams: creative, IT, analytics, etc.
- Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high volume, fast paced retail environment
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Tableau a plus
McClatchy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) for all applicants and employees. McClatchy considers all candidates without regard to basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, medical condition, family care status, pregnancy or physical disability (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), or any other basis protected by state and federal laws.