Canadians spend over $70B annually on their homes - whether it’s major renovations, or small repairs and maintenance work. This journey often starts by finding the right contractor. HomeStars is the leading platform in Canada, helping homeowners with their home renovation needs by allowing them to search our database of companies and hundreds of thousands of reviews. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and connect with the best rated home professionals near them. Home Professionals advertise on HomeStars to tell their story, and grow their business with highly qualified connections. HomeStars has recently been acquired by ANGI Homeservices Inc., the #1 marketplace in the US for helping homeowners connect with the best home service providers.
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to work or be a part of an organization with an exceptional environment, we want to hear from you!
HomeStars embraces and celebrates the uniqueness within our work community. We believe our greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of mindsets, backgrounds, and experiences. The HomeStars organization is committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment where all of our employees feel welcome, comfortable, and have the opportunity to thrive.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- Company wide social events and team building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for someone to join our team as a Marketing Automation Specialist to build out and manage B2B email automation and communications for our home service pro customer base. If you love creating strategic email marketing campaigns and building out customer journeys from scratch and are passionate about driving results, this role is for you!
- Build and deploy compelling, end-to-end email campaigns for our customers, including the design of HTML templates, crafting irresistible subject lines with action-driven copies, and CTAs to drive conversions.
- Build-out data-driven customer journeys across the home service pro lifecycle via marketing automation and nurture campaigns, with a custom attribution model to track campaign ROI to its highest accuracy.
- Build and execute strategic promotional campaigns to support sales and customer success efforts in lead generation, engagement and churn reduction initiatives to meet shared objectives.
- Monitor funnel performance data, conducting campaign level quality assurance and A/B testing, making data-driven and strategic optimizations.
- Send weekly snapshots to management on performance metrics and KPIs, making thoughtful and strategic recommendations for campaign optimizations.
- Implement tactical measures to reduce unsubscribes, and grow customer and prospect email list, exercising CASL compliance.
- Work with Customer Acquisition Manager to build and manage lead scoring and grading systems to ensure engaged/hot leads get to sales fast.
- Minimum 1+ years of email marketing automation with experience using marketing technologies to build email templates, campaigns and customer journey.
- A university degree, or relevant experience in a marketing or related field.
- Experience with HTML/CSS, will be immensely beneficial.
- Experience with Pardot, or a similar marketing automation platform.
- Expert knowledge in building lead generation, lead nurturing and drip campaigns.
- Excellent in writing conversion-friendly, demand generation copywriting and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills. Data-driven in your approach. You’re comfortable looking at a set of data and extracting insights from which to optimize your campaigns.
- Expert knowledge in email compliance policies and best practices (CASL).
- Strong debugging skills to identify deliverability issues and correct them.
- Organized and detail-oriented, producing polished, high-quality output.
- Ability to take marketing concepts/requirements and translate them into marketing automation programs.
- Creative, passionate, and problem solving-focused mind.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, or similar platforms an asset.
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- You are able to self-direct and motivate, working independently to build out a program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.