Ascend is the largest credit union in Middle Tennessee and one of the largest credit unions in the United States, with over $3 billion in assets. With an occupation-based field of membership, Ascend is focused on the expansion and diversification of the select employee groups it serves, which creates greater security for the credit union and its member-owners. Approximately 650 employees serve more than 207,000 members from 29 Middle Tennessee branch locations, Regional Operations Center, Teller Center and Corporate Headquarters.
Ascend recognizes that its employees are critical to the credit union’s sustained success and future growth. Our employees are the face of the credit union and their personal successes fuel the success of the team. Through collaboration between employees, management, our membership and our Board, we fuel an engine that propels the credit union forward.
The Email Marketing Specialist oversees Ascend's email marketing program and targeting for all direct marketing channels in support of our strategy to send the right message, to the right member, at the right time. This is a hybrid opportunity. The role is responsible for planning, segmentation, execution and optimization of direct marketing channel performance including email, SMS and direct mail. The role serves as the technical expert for targeted marketing performance, data, systems and automation working closely with Marketing Managers, Finance and Information Technology to implement optimal solutions that meet and exceed goals. As the expert of targeted marketing, the Email Marketing Specialist is expected to stay abreast of changes in the industry to implement and optimize performance.
- Execute end-to-end email facilitation which includes developing templates and email layouts, segmenting and managing lists, handling delivery management, tracking and optimizing performance.
- Manage the member experience by developing and implementing best practices for targeted messaging and targeted marketing. Best practices for managing preferences, opt-outs, and frequency of messaging.
- Stay abreast of changing trends and emerging technologies in email marketing, particularly in regard to lead generation, lead nurturing and cross selling.
- Build and manage email calendar to ensure that all requests are created, updated, and scheduled - as well as managing ad-hoc email requests
- Manage and maintain Ascend's Email Service Provider (ESP) - currently Iterable.
- Thoroughly test messages: ensure formats work across top email clients (i.e. Google, Outlook), ensure the content renders properly, and that all links are functional.
- Review previous email campaigns to ascertain areas of strength and weakness, which could inform subsequent outputs.
- Work with IT and data analysts to keep customer/member and lead databases segmented properly and scrubbed.
- Responsible for tagging/tracking needed to track and enable analysis of campaign performance.
- Manage SMS program: grow lists, increase engagement, develop campaign calendar and execute SMS campaigns.
- Work closely with Information Technology and Finance to manage data, segmentation, list generation and automation.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications required.
- 1-3 years Relevant experience executing email campaigns using an email service provider (such as Iterable, HubSpot, Marketo, or Acoustic) required and
- 1-3 years Demonstrated skill in using HTML and CSS to build emails preferred and
- less than 1 year Demonstrated success in creating, executing, and analyzing email marketing campaigns preferred.
- Some graphic design skills and experience with Adobe programs (Premier, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- HTML & CSS familiarity
- Familiarity with Iterable is a plus.
- Are a strong written and verbal communicator
- Using mathematics to solve problems.