Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out Flipgrid on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
As the Email Marketing Specialist, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. Under the supervision of the Lifecycle Engagement Manager, the Email Marketing Specialist will execute email marketing strategies, informing and educating effectiveness utilizing data-driven insights. This individual will help to increase brand love and awareness in partnership with Marketing, Community, Business Strategy and Studio teams. The ideal candidate brings a breadth of experience developing and executing effective email campaigns, audience segmentation and analytic reporting for everything email.
- Build email campaigns using Marketo and overall planning, including audience segmentation, general content of emails, timing, analysis and testing opportunities
- Maintains and owns Marketo reporting dashboards to show overall ROI from email channel
- Working knowledge of the end-to-end user journey, including creative ways to engage and reach community members through email channel
- Collaborate with Flipgrid’s channel-specific marketing teammates (designers, copywriters, social media communications) to ensure design, layout, and messaging is clear and concise within email channel
- Partner with agency vendors to assist with creative direction and deliverables needed based on go-live dates
- Collaborating with the Lifecycle Engagement Manager, help increase various retention and engagement KPIs through A/B testing
- Monitor the competitive landscape as it pertains to email for the Flipgrid brand
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 2+ years of digital marketing experience is required with a deep knowledge of email channel best practices
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing marketing automation platforms, **Marketo experience required**
- Knowledge of email subscriber list best practices including GDPR and CAN-SPAM laws
- Proven ability to manipulate large data sets in Excel with little to no oversight needed
- Working knowledge of programming languages (including HTML and CSS) for email execution
- Experience with email proofing tools including Litmus
- Working knowledge of responsive email design and industry email best practices
- Effective, clear communicator in all formats
- Ability to adapt and be agile as needed in a fast-paced, growing environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away