It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Email Marketing Specialist II , Demand Generation
The ideal person for this role is passionate about email marketing. You pay exceptional attention to detail, can spot a typo from across a crowded room, and love subject line A/B testing, optimal segmentation, CTRs and email conversions. You have a creative bent and like to play with templates, and are curious about new trends and tactics in the email arena (e.g., are emojis fun, impactful or passé?) You can point out examples of smart, clever emails you’ve received and appreciate, while getting annoyed at others who use clickbait-type subject lines to lead you down the road you don’t care to be taken on (hey, they give YOU a bad name!) You watch unsubscribes enthusiastically, and see a high metric as an indicator of something meaningful.
In This Role, You Will
- Be the primary go-to for all things email marketing to prospects, including:
- Nurture sequences/tracks (HubSpot)
- One-off emails such as product, service and event promotion (HubSpot)
- Resource for Sales to help build effective Sales cadences (SalesLoft)
- Eventually becoming a trusted advisor to other parts of the organization for email strategy
- Optimize emails using thoughtful segmentation, intuitively pleasing design, A/B testing and experimentation, using analysis to create WP Engine best practices
- Assist with logistics for WP Engine’s successful webinar program to optimize registrations, attendance and on-demand viewership
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Voracious hunger to learn and grow
- 3+ years of sales or marketing experience
- Email marketing strategy experience, along with template building capability
- Uncompromising attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written communications skills
- HubSpot marketing platform experience preferred, but experience with other email marketing platforms can work, too
- Proven track record in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage multiple projects across marketing and sales with a sense of urgency
- Data-driven mindset and analytical skills to isolate patterns, trends, or flags to make business-improving decisions
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to take ownership of managed initiatives
- Cross-functional communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively on key projects
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- Possess a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and resourcefulness
- HubSpot marketing platform
- Google Analytics 360
About WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.