Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Located in Melbourne, the Email Specialist will be responsible for scheduling, planning, building, testing and sending CRM communications via Salesforce Marketing Cloud to engage, retain and grow Xero’s customer base.
You will be a hands-on expert in all things email, with skills in content creation, HTML, workflow management, rules and exception management, audience segmentation and CRM analytics. You’ve delivered countless dynamic email campaigns and built many high-performing email journeys.
You’re a passionate email marketer who strives to learn, improve and develop your skills. You want to work with a team that is collaborative, open and focused on delivering results. You’re not afraid to think differently or challenge the status quo – and are prepared to back it up. You are motivated to find creative solutions and recognise that they don’t always fall into your lap.
What you’ll do
- Schedule, plan, build, test, send and report on CRM communications via Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Use Content Builder in Email studio, Journey Builder and Automation studio to develop and deploy emails
- Work closely with SMB and Partner marketing to curate emails with strong creative and compelling copy that drives results through relevant messaging
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Analysts Analysts to ensure communications are sent to the right audience via data extension or list
- Collaborate within the broader Marketing team and other business units to create an email calendar schedule based on content, campaign and audience priorities (with oversight from Digital Marketing Manager)
- Test email rendering across all devices and email clients using Litmus
What you’ll bring with you
- A ‘hands-on’ passionate email specialist with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Analytical mind with attention to detail
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience
- Passion for content creation
- An appetite for constant improvement, especially around process efficiency
- Past B2C work experience as an email specialist
- Proven experience building email journeys and campaigns
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.