Do you have an eagerness to innovate, learn, and experiment? Are you looking to make an impact and work with a world-class marketing team?
Top Hat’s marketing team is growing! We are looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative, and sharp Email Marketing Specialist who will drive and support demand gen programs focused on attracting new prospects and retaining existing customers. If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
- Be supported by the Director of Demand Generation, you will work with marketing team members to develop and implement plans for email and other digital marketing programs for all of our product lines
- Strategize and optimize multi-channel demand gen programs aimed at nurturing existing leads and winning back lost opportunities
- Develop email nurture programs in Marketo to ensure leads are moving through the funnel efficiently
- Help execute on existing email marketing programs by writing, building and designing emails as necessary
- Run email A/B tests to optimize program performance and report on results
- You will play a key role in the strategy and application of an advanced segmentation strategy
- Maintain a clean and segmented database (using data from a variety of sources) and support the team’s requests for various list uploading + pulling
- Support the broader Marketing team in executing workflows in Marketo
- Perform regular testing and auditing to ensure workflows are operating as expected, and identify and solve any issues as they arise
You Are/ Have:
- 1-3 years’ marketing experience in tech (SaaS is a plus)
- Hands-on experience in a marketing automation platform (Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua, Pardot)
- Strong fundamentals in email marketing and A/B testing methodology, with an eye for effective email design
- A fundamental understanding of both B2C and B2B buying cycles and the importance of relevant communication in all buying stages
- Passionate about marketing automation — especially email campaigns — and are always looking for ways to optimize them.
- Bright, data-informed and always looking for ways to optimize and improve your approach
- Detail-oriented individual with the discipline to follow QA processes to ensure the most quality output
- Copywriting experience and understand the fundamentals of what makes an effective subject line and CTA
- Most importantly...you are a highly motivated individual who is eager to learn
About Top Hat:
Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating since 2009.
We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:
• Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart and motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
• Conveniently located at Bloor and Avenue, near 3 TTC stations.
• We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named Fastest 50 Growing Companies by Deloitte Consulting!)
• Our dress code is casual.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.