WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is looking for an Email Marketing Specialist with 4-6 years of experience to join the existing email marketing team of seven and support consumer engagement and advertising programs for The Knot, WeddingWire and The Bump brands. The Email Marketing Specialist will partner with the Creative Team, Local and National Sales Teams, Commerce Team and other stakeholders to create and execute email programs.
Day-to-day, this person will be building email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s Content Builder, segmenting data using SQL queries, working with stakeholders on approvals, scheduling email sends, reporting performance of campaigns, and providing recommendations to improve processes and performance. The Email Marketing Specialist must be able to react quickly to support business needs, determine daily activities and priorities while delivering projects to tight deadlines. The right candidate will have experience collaborating with various teams and developing large-scale campaigns.
- Manage the National email advertising program for all brands (WeddingWire, The Knot and The Bump), working closely with the Account Managers. Balance advertiser needs with brand and consumer interests.
- Manage the Local email advertising program by working closely with the email Ops team and provide strategic guidance including list segmentation and campaign optimization to our largest clients.
- Build and execute email campaigns to support the Commerce team and drive revenue. Make recommendations to improve performance.
- Manage the daily set-up of one-time and automated email campaigns, content and message optimization, mobile-responsive email template creation & editing (HTML), list segmentation, deployment, and reporting in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Track email metrics and deliverability; report performance of email campaigns to stakeholders including open rates, click rates, and conversion.
- Optimize performance of existing campaigns and programs by performing ongoing testing including audience segmentation, subject lines, email copy, layouts and CTAs that improve conversion.
- Ensure cross-browser/email client compatibility through testing tools such as Litmus.
- As needed, support other team members with execution of email campaigns.
SUCCESSFUL EMAIL MARKETING SPECIALIST CANDIDATES HAVE:
The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and the ability to project manage multiple deliverables and brands. Key requirements for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. Background in editorial, e-commerce or consumer products a plus.
- 4-6 years experience in email marketing and execution.
- Strong understanding and experience working with an enterprise-level ESP. Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a big plus!
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML specifically for email channel.
- Basic SQL skills.
- Basic experience with Google Analytics.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues, following a logical sequence to identify problems.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing using complex segmentation.
- Experience compiling and analyzing large amounts of data and communicating results in an organized and concise way. High comfort level with pivot tables.
- Strong interest in current email best practices, strategies, and industry standards recommending new methods, innovative ideas, and/or technologies to grow the business.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate workflows with multiple stakeholders (national/local advertising, editorial, marketing, commerce, product, design and creative).
- Deadline driven, highly flexible, multi-tasking master with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Respect All Voices. Inclusion strengthens us and powers your decisions.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.