Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process for selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them, and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency, we’re able to deliver the most competitive price to sellers so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Tier 1 Venture Capital backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is composed of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact in people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Job
As a marketplace for distressed residential real estate, our products and services serve multiple audiences, including homeowners, investors, and agents. As an early member of the marketing team, you'll have the opportunity to build our lifecycle strategy across multiple audiences and the products we offer for each of the audiences. You will be empowered to define some of our critical marketing strategies that will define our long-term growth strategy. You will build lifecycle marketing strategies and plans to support our marketplace goals nationally and at the local market level.
We're looking for a self-starter, detail-oriented team player to join the Lifecycle Marketing team and help grow our email marketing program. As the Email Marketing Specialist, you'll distill messaging into campaigns that engage and delight our customers. You'll oversee our email editorial calendar, and you'll implement CRM, lifecycle, and nurture campaigns that improve funnel conversion rates and drive value for the business. You'll work closely with the Design and Content teams, ensuring flawless campaign execution. You will also work closely with the Product Marketing team and Paid team to collaborate on campaigns impacting overall business metrics.
During the first 30 days, you will:
- Onboard with the Sundae team.
- Develop an understanding of our brand, business, product offerings, audience segmentation, customer journey, and marketing funnel
- Build and execute your first email campaigns
During the first 60-90 days, you will:
- Drive email campaign efforts across multiple business lines at Sundae
- Develop and execute new email campaigns ideas, creative and experiments to improve lifecycle conversion metrics
- Develop email reports, track campaign performance, and set up a structure to run and measure email experiments
- Apply your knowledge of the customer journey and marketing funnel stages for each line of Sundae's business to inform campaign strategies and tactics.
- Create automated nurture campaigns that improve conversion rates and customer value by delivering the right message to the right person at the right time for various customer segments and stages across each line of Sundae's business.
- Develop robust reporting to understand how all of our different audiences are converting throughout the funnel and to make data-driven decisions.
- Develop a pipeline of campaigns and experiments to ensure we're always providing the best experience and improving performance throughout the customer journey.
- Work closely with our internal creative and content teams to produce, schedule, and deploy best-in-class email campaigns.
- Assist with managing A/B and multivariate tests; deliver results and translate those successes into insights that can be leveraged across the organization.
- Leverage and build email best practices to create a best-in-class email program.
- Assist with reporting on KPI's and key email metrics such as open, click-through, and conversion rate. Create reports and ad-hoc analyses to support strategic decisions.
- Minimum 2-4 years of email marketing experience
- Hands-on experience with leading ESPs such as Marketo or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience coding, testing, and deploying email campaigns and the ability to edit existing templates in partnership with email developers. Knowledge of HTML/CSS a must
- Knowledge of email best practices, including subject lines, messaging, creative, segmentation, and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam law
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and write the email copy
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Knowledge of SMS marketing a plus
- Track record of executing with attention to detail in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who can work independently and proactively
- Nice to have: Bachelor’s degree
If you're creative, goal-driven, empathetic, and love working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment alongside passionate colleagues, we want to meet you.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply.
Compensation & Benefits
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
- Competitive cash salary and compelling equity package based on experience
- Extremely competitive health benefits; retirement benefits; commuter savings and more
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.