StraighterLine.com, an online educational platform that delivers college-level courses for credit, is looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to help drive our enrollment and student success goals by creating, deploying, and optimizing email communications with prospects, students, and alumni. The role spans planning, creative development, campaign deployment testing, analytics, reporting, and strategy. The ideal candidate will be well versed in email marketing and best practices and be motivated to help StraighterLine make improvements to this area of our marketing mix.
Goals of the Position
- Acquisition Marketing: Utilize B2C email best practices to help drive leads and student enrollments
- Engagement Marketing: Build behavior-based email automation, in conjunction with the product and student success, to engage students in their courses, support on-time course completion, increase student satisfaction, and drive renewals.
- Testing/Optimization: Improve email performance metrics, testing rigor, and reporting capabilities. Leverage insights to drive performance and lift.
To Accomplish the Goals, the Candidate will be able to:
- Partner with the growth marketing team and creative freelancers (writing, design), to develop high performing email campaigns
- Work with Marketing Operations mgr to improve reporting capabilities and increase understanding and visibility of email channel and impact on key metrics (conversion rates, enrollments, retention) within an integrated marketing campaign mix (social, paid media, PR, inbound web, referral marketing, email)
- Build email testing roadmap and drive test execution to support continuous improvement in campaigns. Share findings and insights with key stakeholders.
- Manage email workflow, marketing automation set-up, and deployment schedules; work with multiple stakeholders for input on prioritization
- Create working relationships with vendors and freelancers. You are passionate about martech innovations and stay up-to-date on the latest trends and tools.
- Implement quality assurance checkpoints into email campaigns to protect our brand and ensure error-free delivery.
Job Skills & Behaviors
- Strong, hands-on experience with an enterprise-level ESP required, experience with Responsys, Zoho, Hubspot a plus
- Hands-on knowledge of marketing automation platforms such as Hubspot, Marketo, Zoho
- Familiarity with the key email metrics: Clickthrough rate, conversion rate, bounce rate, list growth rate
- A/B testing experience developing strategies, setting up test cells, and reporting results
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Basic copywriting/writing skills to write the majority of emails without creative support, but resourceful and prudent to know when to pull in professional writers to increase results
- Deliverability and reputation management services such as ReturnPath, Cashback
- Database query tools
- SQL knowledge is beneficial
- Must be very detail oriented with a relentless approach to quality control
- Collaborative and demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; additional education or training specific to digital marketing and or email marketing preferred
- Experience driving eCommerce sales for an SMB business a plus
- Minimum four years of experience actively managing, creating, and deploying email marketing campaigns for a B2C business
- Strong knowledge of CAN-SPAM and other related anti-spam laws and regulations
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.