The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, permanent Email Marketing Specialist. This position is based out of our South Burnaby, BC head office (105 5566 Trapp Avenue) and reports into our Digital Marketing Manager. The role will start as remote until a return to the office date has been established.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform email marketing and automation efforts, with a heavy focus on strategy, data and testing. Some execution work will be needed as well.
- Produce, measure, and optimize email marketing for three brands SPUD.ca, Be Fresh, and Blush Lane Organic Market.
- Improve all areas of email marketing, including campaign, lifecycle, transactional, and triggered emails.
- Optimize email marketing efforts for revenue, growth, and customer experience, while having a strong regard for brand.
- Primary focus on retention, with a secondary focus on converting leads.
- Work on additional special projects as assigned.
- Additional duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years in an email marketing role.
- Experience with marketing automation tools like Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Strong proficiency in Google Analytics, Excel and MailChimp.
- Some experience with HTML and SQL.
- Excellent copy-writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for delicious organic food, supporting local, and sustainable living.
- An annual salary paid bi-weekly.
- Join now and receive an initial $250.00 of SPUD credit, and another $250.00 of SPUD credit after six months of employment ($500.00 total)
- Must have a valid SPUD.ca account and be employed at the time of the credit administration (processed monthly)
- 20 % discount on SPUD.ca purchases.
- Extended health care benefits (effective the first of the month following 90 days).