**In terms of logistics, all interviews will take place over phone or video due to the coronavirus. With this in mind, the position will begin remotely, but will transition back to the office in the future. ***
About Spiceworks Ziff Davis:
Spiceworks Ziff Davis (SWZD) is the trusted global marketplace for connecting technology buyers and sellers across all marketing channels. We provide the valued information IT and business decision makers need to research, buy, and manage technology while delivering the intelligence and insights technology brands need to create and sell better products and services. By combining the breadth and depth of the Spiceworks and Ziff Davis Communities with expert content, trusted 1st party data, and proven lead generation capabilities, Spiceworks Ziff Davis is uniquely positioned to help technology buyers and sellers to grow their businesses.
Who you are: Are you an expert in writing eye-catching email copy, generating creative ideas, and slicing and dicing a database? Do you stay up-to-speed with email best practices and trends and enjoy educating your teammates on your findings? Do you embrace daily opportunities to contribute to both audience and revenue growth? Spiceworks Ziff Davis wants you! We’re looking for an Email Marketing Specialist who’s a versatile master of style and voice.
Your day-to-day (as an Email Marketing Specialist, you’ll):
- Master and apply the Spiceworks Ziff Davis brand guidelines and email best practices
- Research and educate team on email best practices and trends
- Craft persuasive copy that motivates Spiceworks Ziff Davis readers to engage with our content and to respond to various offers from our partners
- Generate creative ideas on design, layout, and segmentation for audience and revenue focused content
- Engage and collaborate with Operations, Editorial, Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, IT, external clients, and vendors to keep all parts of the email train chugging along (including email schedule, content, and delivery)
- Copyedit for grammar, structure, and flow with the ability to adapt to different writing styles and audiences
- Master email marketing software
- Perform A/B and multivariate testing
- Track and report results: You’ve got a way with words, but secretly love dabbling in data and number crunching
What does it take to do this job?
- 1-2 years of email marketing or marketing communications-related experience in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding professional environment (clock-in, clock-out sounds boring to you!)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; command of copywriting and grammatical principals including maniacal editing and proofreading (typos hurt your eyes and grammar sites are bookmarked as favorites on your computer!)
- Excruciatingly detail-oriented (friends and family call you obsessive!)
- Work well under pressure (often a time crunch!), while still being able to “go with the flow” and execute emails flawlessly
- The ability to see the big picture/tell a story that translates to different audiences with captivating headlines, images, and copy
- A certain comfort with technical products so that benefits can be communicated clearly (experience in tech marketing a major plus)
- Highly (highly) motivated, self-starting nature; respond positively to moderate guidance, yet capable of, and comfortable with, independent critical thinking and problem-solving (a micro-manager is your worst nightmare!)
- You dot the i’s and cross the t’s — people have called you a perfectionist (and you wear the label with pride!)
- Out-of-this-world project management skills with the ability to multi-task and complete projects flawlessly under tight project deadlines (doing one thing at a time makes you yawn!)
- Avid learner who prefers to formulate a hypothesis before asking someone else for the answer
- Agility is key — you can think on your feet and adapt well to a quickly changing environment
- Stellar interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate with a wide array of people (you’re a “people person”)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to quickly grasp new tech concepts
- Experience with a top-tiered email service provider is a major plus
- Some experience with basic HTML a benefit
Location: SWZD is a “Work From Anywhere” company. We value productivity over location, so this position may be performed from anywhere - a significant benefit for both the company and the individual team member. SWZD has offices in Austin, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Phoenix or London, though physical attendance is at the discretion of employees and their managers.