The Email Marketing Specialist will work with the VP of Demand Generation to support the development, management, and optimization of all global and regional email campaigns. Applies email marketing best practices to ensure successful delivery and conversion. Also manages scheduling and helps determine/track segmenting and cross-over. Works with Vertical Marketing and Product Management to ensure messaging is strong and written in the corporate tone. This position may also help with asset management and Event content entry/creation as necessary to support emails.
About Smart Communications
Smart Communications™ is the only provider of a customer conversations management platform. More than 500 global brands rely on Smart Communications to deliver smarter conversations across the entire lifecycle—empowering them to succeed in today’s digital-focused, customer-driven world while also simplifying processes and operating more efficiently. This is what it means to scale the conversation. Smart Communications is headquartered in the UK and serves its customers from offices located across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The Smart Communications platform includes the enterprise-scale customer communications management power of SmartCOMM™, forms transformation capabilities made possible by SmartIQTM and the trade documentation expertise of SmartDX™. To learn more, visit smartcommunications.com.
What we’re looking for:
Must have skills/experience:
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Stellar writing skills
- Experience developing, managing and optimizing email campaigns
- Experience with Marketing Automation, Marketo is preferred
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred but not required.
Experience developing, managing and optimizing email campaigns
- Willingness to learn HTML and responsive email best practices
- Experience working in a cross-functional team that includes Marketing Operations, Product Marketing, Vertical Marketing and Corporate Marketing
- Ability to develop and refine execution processes that include timely requests/delivery to Creative, Development, Proofing, etc.
- Ability to manage e-communications calendar
- Help identify new template needs
- Help continuously analyze and improve e-comm program and identify enhancement opportunities based on improved knowledge and insight gained from analytics
- Manage execution of strategies designed to maximize effectiveness and deliverability
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM requirements, other key regulations (CASL, GDPR, etc.) ISPs, monitoring tools and best practices
- Exhibit an enthusiastic and proactive attitude, as well as comfort with working in a corporate environment with a distributed team and remote team
- Motivated self-starter that keeps up with new digital trends and tools
- Experience reviewing and modifying content to ensure optimization
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of working within tight deadlines
We look for the following core competencies in everyone we hire at Smart Communications:
- Analytical Ability – effectiveness in analyzing situations and identifying key issues.
- Planning and execution – monitoring progress, taking action when necessary to rectify situations / meet deadlines.
- Proactive – taking responsibility for making things happen.
- Social Magnetism – taking actions, which show awareness of one’s own impact on others.
- Teamwork – collaborating with and promoting collaboration between different parts of the business.
- Technical expertise – keeping up to date technically within one’s own functional area.
- Adaptability – stability of performance under uncertainty and pressure.
- Communication & influence – using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to influence others positively to obtain agreement between different interests.
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of success and over-achieving your goals. Salary will depend on your experience and will be highly competitive. All our packages include an annual bonus based on the Company’s performance, so we are all incentivized to over-achieve!
In addition to a friendly, flexible and fun working environment, we provide a range of other benefits, including extensive health, dental and vision insurance, employer-funded health savings account, flexible spending plan, life and AD&D insurance, short and long term disability insurance, gym membership reimbursement, and 401K contribution, as well as 18 days’ holiday allowance.
So if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and tell us all about yourself.