We are looking for a detail oriented Email Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing Operations team. Email Marketing plays a critical role in leading our CRM program. Working with the Email Marketing Manager, you will help execute on strategic communication plans for customers using our Email Service Provider, analyze data and report on performance. In addition to implementing and evaluating our email campaigns, you will seek out opportunities to automate and streamline workflows through detailed documentation. Attention to detail, quality of work, and intellectual curiosity are all integral to success.Reports to: Director, Marketing Operations
What You'll Do.
- Serve as the main point of contact for marketing automation execution.
- Build and optimize email marketing/push campaigns in our email service provider (ESP), Braze, ensuring correct audience segmentation and logic mapping.
- Maintain and improve upon existing email marketing documentation, working with the Email Marketing Manager, Product and Creative teams to ensure that we maintain a complete/up-to-date view of the full communication flow by customer segment.
- Build new email designs and templates in CSS/HTML based on Product and Creative team requirements. Flag inconsistencies in new and existing email templates, support meeting brand standards while maximizing cross-device performance and accessibility.
- Analyze performance of email campaign and A/B tests. Document findings and recommend strategic next steps
- Work with the larger Marketing Operations and Analytics teams to ensure that accurate data is being captured to support marketing strategy and results analysis.
What We're Looking For.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies. Will be expected to develop a comprehensive understanding of our marketing automation capabilities within Braze and improve upon current processes.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS best practices preferred, aptitude to learn basic CSS/HTML/SQL in the first 30-days required.
- Excellent attention to detail. Works independently with exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Experience analyzing data and communicating findings to cross-functional stakeholders.
- 1-3 years of proven experience in a detail-oriented role strongly preferred.
- Experience with flawless execution of customer-facing email communications preferred (not required).
Who We Are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What Draws People To Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.