Pragmatic Institute is currently seeking an experienced individual to run all of our weekly email marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of experience utilizing Pardot in the following ways:
● Leave your WYSIWYG skills at home - in this role, you’ll take the email template designs that our digital designer mocks up from static to “rad-ic” as you code using HTML/CSS.
● You’ll have an intimate knowledge of Pardot’s email campaign implementation and scheduling system.
● You’ll have experience segmenting and suppressing lists (static or dynamic).
● Test, test, test - email testing, which includes render testing, inbox testing, spam testing, and general QA is a must here (it will also help decrease “send button anxiety”) - oh, and A/B testing because … well, we do a lot of that.
● We use dynamic content heavily - Pardot dynamic content creation experience is a plus.
● You’ll utilize Pardot’s Handlebars Merge Language (HML) to create unique user experiences.
● Creating and maintaining Pardot forms as needed.
● Fulfillment of one-off Pardot tasks as needed (pulling reports, answering questions about specific email campaigns, etc.)
● Engagement studio experience a bonus.
● A passion for Pardot and keeping up with current and future email trends
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work directly with the email & marketing automation team, which consists of the Email Marketing Automation Manager and Email Marketing Automation Specialist. Our step-siblings are in the web team, who you’ll also work with on a weekly basis. You’ll engage with the larger (and growing) marketing department as a whole, and we are...let’s say, a pretty crazy unique bunch! We love pop culture, movies, music, animals and just about anything you can think of - our team is lots o’ fun, but we also know when to crank up the volume in our headphones and get to work. If we can keep it real, we don’t play pool or have an arcade at work, because … we’re all remote!
Pragmatic Institute is the gold standard in product management, product marketing, and data science training. Therefore, we move at a very fast pace, without sacrificing quality (it can be done). And that’s a great segue into …
As the Email Campaign Specialist, your weekly routine will look very close to this:
● Receive content from the content team for implementation in weekly emails (the number varies, but expect to work on 16-20 email segments/campaigns per week).
● Code the content into existing templates using HTML/CSS.
● Insert the code into Pardot and render/spam test.
● Inbox test by sending emails to the QA team before scheduling (you’ll also be part of that team).
● After approval from the QA team, schedule emails.
● Monitor emails and reports to make sure everything runs smoothly.
● Fulfill one-off tasks/asks in between weekly responsibilities.
● Since we’re a fully remote company, the ability to maintain a certain level of responsiveness is key (over-communicate vs. under-communicate).
● Wednesday lunch! Okay, not required, but it is fun to break up the week by playing various Zoom games with the marketing team!
If you possess the following knowledge or experience, we’ll add in bonus points (however, this forbidden knowledge isn’t required).
● UTM tracking
● MJML (Mailjet Markup Language)
● QA testing specific to email (list checks, link checks, 404 checks, UTM tracking checks, event or course date and time checks, content checks if needed)
● Monday.com project management
● Email deliverability (spam triggers, authentication protocols, effects of non-engagement, etc.)