Do you want to be a part of something transformational? Are you looking for a reason to get out of bed every morning and make a difference? We have the opportunity for you!
PacBio, a leader in the cutting-edge genomic sequencing space, is looking for an experienced Email Marketing Specialist to join our growing team. Alongside the Marketing Automation specialist, you will drive marketing campaign execution and help us develop an email marketing center of excellence across the company. Not only will you be part of a highly motivated digital marketing team, you’ll work closely with scientific strategists and marketers to develop highly tailored end-to-end email marketing programs that deliver results. Your expertise in the area of email planning and implementation will make you a key contributor to our awareness, persuasion and lead conversion efforts, helping to drive revenue for the company.
What You Get To Do Daily
You’ll be responsible for the creation and execution of timely, persuasive digital marketing programs that accelerate prospects through the complex B2B buying process, as well as retain and inform existing customers. You’ll work proactively with both the broader Corporate Marketing team and other Marketing team constituents to develop solid and best-practice oriented lead generation and nurturing e-marketing programs including planning, implementation, execution, measurement and optimization.
Keys to your success in this role
Your ability to partner with the extended marketing and commercial teams to launch, track and report out on email marketing campaigns, including nurture programs, webinar registrations and follow-up, content delivery, landing pages, etc. A background in genomics or a related life science, combined with great writing skills and the ability to establish and measure analytics and provide updates on performance will ensure you Rock Star status in our organization. You’re a power user of marketing automation and CRM systems, as well as digital analytical tools, such as Google Analytics and UTM Tracking. To really excel in this position, you must be a passionate, results-oriented self-starter who is analytical, tech savvy and has the capacity to be both a creative and strategic thinker.
What’s In It For You
You will get to work alongside a small (but growing), agile team of smart, creative and driven scientists and marketers in the hot industry of biotech. What we do on a daily basis actually helps scientists better understand the world we live in and, in many ways, helps them make it a better place to live. You’ll have the satisfaction that comes with making a difference.
Responsibilities Of This Position Include
- Develop and execute email programs that are relevant and appealing to a variety of targeted audiences, including welcome, nurture, trigger, re-engagement and retention programs
- Create and maintain the library of HTML templates, landing pages, and forms; manage list pulls and uploads for digital campaigns
- Provide continuous improvement of e-marketing related activities, through A/B testing experimentation of campaign subject lines, content and offers, to provide strategic recommendations on how to improve response effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist in calendaring, messaging, testing, and audience selection for campaigns
- Help maintain steady and healthy email marketing database growth with focus on data quality over quantity
- Collaborate with Commercial Operations team and Marketing Automation Specialist to establish and maintain regular process for database cleansing, and maintain lead scoring programs to increase lead quality
- Work with internal team to improve known segmentation of prospect/customer database to ensure records are accurate and profiled by application and research interest, for efficient and effective campaign targeting
- Advise program owners of best practices with regard to email marketing benchmarks, testing and projected results; host regular sessions to update stakeholders on campaign performance and best practices
- Document email marketing best-practices, processes, programs and procedures
- Manage event invitation, registration and follow-up processes, while constantly collecting feedback to be used for program enhancement
- Ensure all external campaign source tracking is captured and data integrity is maintained within the system for closed loop reporting
- 3+ years of experience with marketing automation systems; Pardot/Marketo automation tools preferably
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in one of the life sciences (preferred), marketing, business or related discipline
- Experience with B2B marketing strategy, especially in a complex, life sciences buying cycle
- Expertise in email best practices; Copywriting/editing skills desired
- Familiarity with CRM software; SFDC preferred
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style
- Results-oriented with a take charge, self-starter attitude
- Strong visual and layout skills, with an ability to copy edit and test different approaches to drive results
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-driven tasks simultaneously
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytical/organizational skills a plus
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.