Classification: Hourly (32-40 hrs/week)
Pay: $21.50-$25/hr DOE
Location: Mostly remote. You must reside in Washington State to be considered.
Who we are:
Optimal's mission is to help students make informed decisions about their education by providing transparent, data-driven, and user-focused products. We embrace a culture of growth, experimentation, and creativity. Our small and nimble team allows all members to exercise great responsibility and freedom, allowing each person to have a measurable impact on our business and experience continual growth.
Our waterfront office is located in downtown Kirkland, Washington. Prior to COVID, we kept our kitchen fully stocked, played ping pong and pool, built an impressive collection of board games, and loved interacting with our troop of quirky office dogs. We are working remotely during COVID but continue to find ways to support one another through online activities, such as small group lunches, themed happy hours, and social Slack channels. We've even had a few masked-up outdoor gatherings for disc golf and apple picking. And yes, those quirky dogs—and now cats!—make occasional virtual appearances. We have opened up the Email Marketing Specialist positions to be mostly remote, so if and when the rest of the local team returns to the office, you can join us from anywhere in Washington state, with a few scheduled office visits. We hope you'll consider becoming a part of our team at Optimal.
We are looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to join our team. This will be an independent, mostly remote position, so we are looking for someone with a proven record of excelling in this type of environment. This person will be responsible for sending thousands of emails each month to share our content and drive traffic. Success will require strong attention to detail, an ability to stay focused through repetitive work, and satisfaction by meeting and exceeding metric goals.
Training for this position would normally be 1-2 months at our office in Kirkland, but we will shift to mostly remote training in response to the pandemic. After training, the majority of work can be done remotely; however, employees should expect the occasional visit to the office as requested by their managers. Please note that these visits will be limited and with plenty of advanced notice given. Candidates must be or be willing to become Washington state residents, living and working in Washington. We are requesting candidates commit 32 hours/week minimum, with overtime rarely expected.
- Washington state resident
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year’s experience in large-scale email outreach, data entry/publishing, or customer service/account work
- A good home office set-up and access to reliable internet (or co-working space or other adequate set-up for remote work) * Note that we’ll provide computer and additional office equipment as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing emails to ensure accuracy, readability, and effectiveness of message
- Sending thousands of emails each month, personalizing as needed
- Responding to individual emails professionally and promptly
- Reporting feedback from interactions and suggesting improvements
- Identifying new audiences for email outreach
- Outside of email responsibilities, research and data entry as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong marketing instincts with the ability to personalize emails to increase interest
- Thrives with independent work
- Hardworking and reliable
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills, including strong knowledge of grammar rules
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks
- Computer proficient with experience in Microsoft Office
- Health, dental, and vision for employees and their dependents covered at 100%
- Life insurance
- 401k with automatic 3% company contribution
- Professional development/tuition reimbursement program
- 12 paid holidays in addition to a generous vacation policy, which awards additional time off based on service
- Charitable donation matching program & volunteering PTO
- Additional benefits designed to support employee health and wellbeing
- This position will be flexible; hours can vary as needed and work can be done remotely during normal business hours
Optimal's policy is to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optimal prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.