About The Role
As our marketing team grows, we're excited to hire our first Email Marketing Specialist. You'll plan, craft and execute email campaigns to our prospects and members, making a meaningful impact on the business. You'll have ownership of KPIs and the autonomy to develop new and better ways to achieve them. We are an open an collaborative company -- you'll work closely with colleagues from our content, design, web and data teams.
- Own email KPIs: deliverability, open rates, click-to-open rates, conversion rates, and opt-out rates
- Manage day to day execution for all marketing email campaigns: promotions, weekly newsletters, and event-triggered automations
- Develop email marketing strategies to increase list engagement and conversion
- Write persuasive copy that highlights our value prop in email messaging
- Build, test, and QA all emails to ensure all issues are identified before sending
- Ensure all visuals and copy are concise, compelling and on-brand
- Continuously A/B test email flows to increase the performance of KPIs
- Develop strategies and implementation plans for lifecycle, triggered, and enhanced personalization emails for current customers churned customers, and potential customers
- Keep all emails up to date with most recent information, assets, and branding
- Work closely with the content team to execute weekly newsletter
Who You Are
- Owner and Leader: You take ownership of your projects and are driven to produce the highest quality work. You meet deadlines and communicate roadblocks. You look for opportunities to add value and invest in the long term.
- Strategic problem-solver: You come up with creative ideas to solve complex problems. When faced with obstacles, you are resourceful. You work quickly, learn, and iterate. You prefer progress to perfection, and prioritize action over analysis.
- Truth-seeker: You think independently. You love battle-testing ideas and listening to feedback. You're honest with yourself and willingly update your beliefs when you encounter new information.
- Excellent communicator: You communicate openly, directly, and efficiently. You first work to understand by taking the time to listen and ask questions. You speak your opinions and offer constructive feedback. You're not afraid of difficult conversations.
- Achiever: You value a job well done. You strive to perform at your best and encourage your teammates to do the same. You're committed to your peers and the company's success.
Required Experience, Skills, And Abilities
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, including email
- Experience creating marketing materials -- emails, web pages, etc. (we'll want to see your work)
- Copywriting and copy editing experience
- Knowledge of standard email metrics and benchmarks
- An understanding of email infrastructure, tracking, and clients
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Software: Klaviyo (or equivalent), Google Analytics
- We would love it if you had any of the following!
- Start-up and tech experience
- Previous experience in or passion for health and wellness fields