At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing, coordinating and executing email and SMS communications across the Home Protection division, which includes Home Warranty of America, Direct Energy Protection Plans and AWHR. You will work with the Manager of Communications Strategy, as well as the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure digital communications align with the integrated marketing plan and are executed seamlessly. To be successful, you must be a confident self-starter and willing to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Lead email and SMS programs, including conceptualizing, executing, optimizing and reporting on communications and campaigns supporting acquisition, lead-nurturing, retention and business operations.
- Coordinate and execute all email and SMS campaigns, including building emails from templates and HTML, asset coordination, QA, and scheduling.
- Support various strategic programs via manual and triggered campaigns across the customer lifecycle including prospecting, winbacks, lead-nurturing and retention emails.
- Devise and execute A/B tests, manage testing calendar, record results and advise on improvements. Testing includes subject lines, message content, CTAs, segmentation, send time and other elements intended to deliver performance lift.
- Develop and maintain monthly email and SMS marketing calendar.
- Work in partnership with designers and content team to optimize email creative and template structure based on best practices.
- Perform render testing across devices and email clients to ensure that emails are displaying correctly.
- Provide regular performance reporting on key metrics including open rate, clicks, conversions, unsubscribes, etc.
- Identify trends and email marketing strategies from competitors and leading global brands to glean insights on best practices and new ideas for email marketing tactics
- Constantly look for new ways to improve overall programs through new technology, tools, partners, trends and best practices.
- Understand customer journeys and communications to propose new campaigns and optimize design and content to increase customer engagement and enhance the customer experience
- Open office environment, or remote.
- Majority of work performed by utilizing a computer in a seated position.
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
- Minimal Travel
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university
- 2 or more years of email and/or SMS marketing experience
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud; Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Salesforce Marketing Cloud; Microsoft Office
- Service industry marketing experience preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Hands-on experience with enterprise-level email and SMS creation platforms, particularly Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Relay
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and coordinate activities to move campaigns forward from conception to deployment.
- Highly developed collaboration skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Comfort working with multiple stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities, integrating them into the workflow appropriately
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources