I f you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
New Orleans is a passionate sports city. The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans are looking for an ambitious, highly organized email marketing professional to tap into that passion. Help us align product, message, channel and audience … and you’ll literally hear the roar of the crowd growing louder. We’ve got big goals. And your primary focus, executing both team’s email marketing campaigns, will play a critical part in helping us achieve them. This position reports to the Digital Marketing Director and works collaboratively with the Marketing, Ticket Sales & Service, Corporate Partnerships and Business Intelligence teams.
- Plan and execute best-in-class email marketing programs for the Saints and Pelicans, covering everything from automated nurture campaigns to targeted sends that drive last-minute ticket sales.
- Work with the Marketing, Ticket Sales & Service and Corporate Partnerships teams to maintain the email marketing calendar.
- Slice and dice the subscriber list to find the perfect segment for a ticket product or message.
- Write compelling copy that aligns with our objectives and gets our fans to take action.
- Regularly report on key email performance metrics.
- Aim to consistently improve OR, CLTR and CTO, by testing and measuring … everything.
- Monitor deliverability to ensure we’re staying out of the junk box.
- Develop skills in Marketo, our digital marketing automation tool, and seek out smarter, faster ways to execute our email marketing programs.
- Become an email marketing subject matter expert, keeping abreast of the latest trends, tools and tactics.
- Develop a deep understanding for the business of sports and the behavior of sports fans.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with email marketing and a proven understanding of email marketing best practices
- Proficiency with Marketo or other marketing automation platforms (Exact Target, Pardot, Hubspot, Mail Chimp, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills, whether communicating internally or to an avid fan
- Understanding of email design and comfort with basic photo/graphic editing
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, so you can test, tweak and enhance our custom email templates
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities within an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Keen attention to detail and proactive approach to troubleshooting
- A desire to learn about digital marketing – and the ability to turn those learnings into action
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans.
All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.