Why Join the Pack?
At this organization, we do things a bit differently. We're not your typical sports franchise pouring all of our focus into the playing stage. We're about uniting together to push the culture forward, challenge the status quo, and accomplish things most didn't think was possible! Whether you're blazing trails in ticket sales, creating for our brands, or using your passion to elevate our vision, your contributions will always shine bright. Together, we are on a journey where chasing greatness is constant and breaking new grounds is a norm.
Position Summary/Objective: Are you a digital communication game changer? Join one of the most innovative teams in pro sports where your role will grow and support all digital campaign efforts for the Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx.
What would you do?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Be the lead in planning, leading and executing all email communication in partnership with the brand and marketing team, integrating holistically into all campaigns as needed.
- You'll team up with the Business Intelligence team to set up tailored email campaigns and triggered flows to drive revenue and enhance our fan experience.
- We will strategize data capture and lead opportunities that will fuel the ticket sales pipeline.
- Run the point on building, managing and communicating a campaign calendar as part of the overall marketing strategy.
- Help game plan our ongoing efforts to measure, analyze, test and optimize all digital communication campaigns.
- You'll seek out industry standards and new technology to drive innovation in your space.
- Help us stay out of the penalty and up to date with compliance rules for data privacy and anti-spam legislation.
Please note this job description is not crafted to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
What are your proficiencies or equivalent experiences?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Copywriting experience is helpful.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is required. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience working with Adobe Marketo Engage or similar email marketing platform is required. Experience in developing dynamic content and email automation is preferred.
- Experience working with HTML is required.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
Experience: Minimum 4-5 years of experience in Email Marketing strongly preferred. Copywriting experience is helpful .
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Position does not require travel.
Other important information about the job:
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours staff may be required to work Timberwolves and Lynx games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The working environment is generally favorable, and office lighting and temperature are adequate. Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, kneel, or crawl while carrying a camera device. The employee may frequently remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer, and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the building both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
Our DEI Commitment
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives reflect our nature as a Pack. Each one is defined by our collective strength and effort to move everyone forward. Through DEI, we speak up against social injustices, marginalization, and oppression, provide equal opportunities, embrace the differences of others, and create an environment where everyone feels accepted and welcome. Together, we empower each other to be champions of change, help put those around us in a position to win and use our voices for good.
As an organization, we’re proud to commit to accountability, transparency, change, and building DEI into everything we do; because when we do, our community becomes stronger.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Apply now for an opportunity to interview with us!