The importance of this role
- The Email Marketing Specialist is a great starting point into the world of digital and email marketing! As a member of the Growth Marketing team at Matic, you will plan, coordinate, and execute the production of all email marketing to support all stages of the customer journey. The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all email marketing campaigns are flawlessly executed and deployed on time to meet our customer marketing objectives.
- Your work will directly touch almost all of Matic’s customers
- Perform end-to-end email campaign production including segmentation, working with design on layout and necessary assets, building out all of the production elements within the email platform, setting up email blasts and automated journeys, and conducting post deployment checks.
- Execute planned A/B tests utilizing traditional method and A/B testing functionality in platform
- Follow quality assurance plans and protocol to ensure flawless execution and deployment
- Maintain email lists and subscriber database
- Participate in new campaign ideation to provide technical guidance on how best to achieve objectives utilizing segmentation/data structures, platform functionality, and email creative enhancements
- Be the lead on requesting additional data enhancements to make email content highly customized and relevant
- Suggest operational and workflow improvements to constantly improve the production process
- Proactively analyze performance and make recommendations for optimization
- Manage deliverability and sender reputation, bounce/blocks reports and resolve any issues
- Develop and maintain a campaign deployment schedule
- Remain extremely focused on detail while managing numerous campaigns simultaneously
- Is the subject matter expert on email production and deployment
In this new role, you will have the opportunity to use your technical expertise and forward-thinking to help shape Matic’s email marketing program.
Tools We Use
- Iterable Email Marketing Platform
- G Suite applications
- Tableau and Metabase (Analytics)
- Jira and Atlassian Confluence
- Recent grad with BA/BS Degree or Technical Equivalent
- Knowledge of email performance metrics and calculations, and the ability to translate the data into actionable steps
- Knowledge of database structure, data relationships, import and export processes
- Strong attention to detail, well organized and ability to prioritize numerous projects
- Ability to thrive and meet aggressive goals and timelines in a fast-paced high-volume, and ever-changing environment.
- Strong English skills including an understanding of grammatical structure
- Demonstrated ability of learning and acquiring new skills quickly
- A great attitude and willingness to be coachable and take direction
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of email best practices, including understanding of CAN-Spam
- Understanding of JSON
- Understanding of HTML
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Metabase, etc.
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience performing data analysis or financial modeling with Excel
- Experience working with G-Suite applications
- Experience or knowledge of Scrum/Agile working environment