Join the hundreds of talented and innovative team members who are making an impact every day at one of the most iconic media brands in the nation. Whether you love to tell compelling stories or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the Los Angeles Times team is the place to be.
Job Description Summary
The Los Angeles Times and The San Diego Union-Tribune are looking to develop relationships with results-oriented and forward-thinking Email Marketing Specialists who would be interested in joining our team to help drive our marketing efforts in the future.
The ideal candidates will consider themselves equally adept at seeing the big and small pictures of a project, and their primary day-to-day responsibilities will involve deploying ad-hoc email campaigns to lists of 500,000 recipients or more, segmenting audiences, reporting on completed email campaigns, and advising data-driven optimizations and improvements. As Email Marketing Specialist for the Los Angeles Times and The San Diego Union-Tribune, you will also assist our development team in creating emails, integrate dynamic content within emails, and work with our acquisition and retention teams to build automated campaigns.
This will be a highly collaborative role, and candidates should have experience communicating the progress and success of projects across teams. The ideal fit for this role pays strong attention to detail, is curious, pattern-oriented and data-driven, independently prioritizes tasks, and meets deadlines.
Work in Salesforce Marketing Cloud to:
- Segment audiences based on relevant factors
- Automate audience refreshes
- Schedule and deploy ad-hoc emails to segmented lists with necessary suppressions in place
- Set up complex automated email campaigns, including path splits
- Schedule and deploy automated email campaigns to segmented lists
- Use content builder and HTML to create emails
- Report on completed email campaigns, including opportunities for further testing and optimization
- Monitor email deliverability and take documented mitigation steps whenever a high rate of bounces occurs
- Work in Jira to communicate deployments to team members, or obstacles to deployment
- Work in Confluence to document processes
- Work in Excel to analyze reporting data
- 4+ years in email marketing
- Proficient in at least one ESP, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Pardot
- Hands-on experience deploying emails
- Familiarity with automated email campaigns
- Knowledge of HTML, experience building emails using Content Builder preferred
- Strong knowledge of Excel: very comfortable using pivot tables, charts, formulas, etc.
- Passionate about user experience
- Ability to alter plans and priorities quickly
- Data fluency
- Ability to think critically - even under pressure
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- SQL skills a huge plus, not required
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to translate results in a succinct fashion for different audiences (marketing managers, designers and copywriters, among others)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.