Founded on the idea that people should never settle when it comes to home furnishings, Joybird is here to help customers bring their own personal style to their spaces with a mix of retro and modern designs and a plethora of customization options. With their digital, physical, and virtual shopping experiences, Joybird is changing the way you buy furniture. Joybird prides itself on its ability to meet the demands and unique tastes of customers while providing a high-quality product that will be enjoyed for years to come. Always keeping sustainability top of mind, Joybird has created a business that not only gives back to nature but helps it thrive through the use of responsibly sourced materials and non-profit partnerships.
We've built our business on being a customer-centric organization that leverages data to enhance the customer journey to empower our customers to embrace their personal style.
Joybird is an equal opportunity employer and we value and promote diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are looking for exceptional people who are committed to doing great work.
About The Role
In Marketing, we value performance media and analytics, but we know that creating a fluid, interconnected, and undisrupted buyer's journey is our key to growth. Our path forward includes more of a brand-first approach to drive awareness and affinity for Joybird creating greater engagement across all of our marketing channels. The ideal candidate for this role will strategize, develop, execute, and measure email and SMS marketing campaigns in collaboration with our marketing and product teams. You will be responsible for developing marketing content such as emails, landing pages, and email acquisition forms to attract and nurture both B2B and B2C audiences. This position requires strong technical skills and attention to detail. This role is at the forefront of activating data-driven client journeys and requires a hybrid of skill sets, which include: hands-on coding, test instrumentation, and marketing strategy.
What You'll Do
- Hand-code responsive email templates for both transactional and promotional lifecycle campaigns utilizing HTML & CSS.
- Manage email production process from beginning to end for each campaign ensuring proper segmentation, list pulls, journey-creation, technical QA, deployment, and post-deployment checks.
- Assist in building new automated workflows and managing/optimizing existing flows.
- Create testing architecture to A/B or Cohort test different segments to determine which creative drives the highest returns.
- Consult with the ESP's technical support team and internal development team to resolve issues.
- Develop a strong QA process to ensure best-in-class execution of email campaigns to the right audience with the right message at the right time.
- Articulate test learnings to the broader team and suggest follow-up campaigns.
- Utilize best practices with CAN-SPAM compliance.
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, deliver and execute successful marketing campaigns and measure ROI.
- Create, A/B test, schedule, and report/monitor email results and SMS campaigns within our ESP platform and BI tool, Looker.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communication, Business, Web Design and Development, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of tactical, hands-on experience in email marketing and marketing automation, developing and implementing automated marketing campaigns.
- Fluent in HTML & CSS, knowledge of scripting languages for ESPs (e.g. AMPscript
- Experience with Iterable/Klavyigo is required.
- Knowledge of Email QA & Deliverability tools such as Litmus, ReturnPath, or Sparkpost.
- Experience and knowledge of CDP, events, user attribute list, and building automation based on user interactions.
- Some familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is required.
- Experience in marketing automation.
- Experience with CMS tools is highly preferred.
- Experience using web analytics tools such as Adobe Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, Core-metrics, or others.
- Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel & PowerPoint.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet strict and aggressive deadlines.
- Understanding of email marketing operations, technology, platforms, databases, email architecture, email regulations, and privacy rules is required.
- Experience leveraging dynamic content to support A/B and multivariate testing across digital and traditional channels.
- Strong data processing, and data management skills, with proven ability to define and act upon data-driven insights.
- Superior problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail and strong process documentation abilities.
- Excellent presentation, research, and relationship management skills, with the ability to articulate creative and technical concepts.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- DTC experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of CDP integration is a plus.
- Understanding of Direct Mail, SMS, or other retention channels is preferred but not mandatory.
- Self-starter who can prioritize the workload and pick up projects/tasks with little guidance.
- A team player who also works well independently thinks creatively, solves problems, and takes initiative.
- Comfortable with tight deadlines; organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Willing to work on new challenges but remain focused on your regular duties
- Be fearless of learning new systems.
- Effective planning and project/task management skills.
- Professional in both verbal and written communication.
100% Remote based in a US state we have operations in. (CA, NV, IL, DC, NY, TX and growing!)
- Competitive salary.
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(K).
- Ample Paid Time Off.
- Furniture discounts (for friends and family too!).