Northstar New Jersey Lottery Group, LLC (NSNJ) is the lottery growth management services provider selected by the New Jersey Lottery to supply game design, sales, marketing, and various other services under a 15-year contract extending through June 2029. International Game Technology (IGT) and Scientific Games (SGMS), the world’s leading gaming companies, are members of NSNJ and provide services that help NSNJ support the New Jersey Lottery’s operations. Most recently, NSNJ helped the New Jersey Lottery set a new annual sales record of $3.29 billion and attain the highest level of independent certification for its Responsible Gaming program.
The CRM Specialist will redefine, build, and optimize multi-channel communications programs working directly with internal and external partners to develop. The Specialist will lead the execution of all email, text and push notifications with a strong focus on player journeys, optimization, and re-engagement. They will test, launch, analyze, and scale new programs while coordinating across all marketing departments and play a key role in our player communication initiatives.
- Act as main project manager for CRM program planning and responsible for liaising with technology team, internal Interactive team, and overall Marketing organization. Will be required to share updates with internal and external partners as plan matures.
- Own end-to-end CRM campaign production, including planning, coordination of content development, some HTML coding, campaign and segment setup, and email deployment.
- Execute and optimize all player communications (email, text, push, etc.) to support acquisition, retention, and re-engagement goals.
- Coordinate with other marketing disciplines to align B2C messages in accordance with brand, product campaigns, etc. In particular, work closely with Social Media and Advertising team to ensure any outgoing messages are consistent and appropriate to support marketing calendar and business plan.
- Analyze and define relevant audience segmentation within the frameworks of the New Jersey Lottery brand guidelines. Initiate routine deep dives into customer segmentation and cross-channel trends.
- Design, execute, and regularly analyze results of all programs, campaigns, and A/B tests. Continually optimize messaging for improvement of existing communications while testing new ones, with a focus on customer acquisition, re-engagement, and retention.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally to improve email segmentation and personalization strategies through testing and analysis of subject lines, CTAs, and creative assets.
- Clearly and succinctly communicate results to key stakeholders.
- Manage databases, subscriber lists, and player preferences to minimize player attrition while increasing productivity through targeted campaigns and promotions.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders.
- Own and update any/all emergency documents and customer response protocols, coordinating with Lottery and internal Interactive, Social Media/Advertising partners as needed.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
BS or BA required, with a concentration in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Advertising preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in CRM and email marketing; 1-year experience in mobile push.
Essential special training requirements
- Experience with a mobile marketing automation platforms; Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Email studio experience preferred.
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around email testing metrics.
- Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation.
- Strategic CRM focus and can suggest creative solutions in line with business objectives
- Competency with HTML and CSS in email environments specifically.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Meticulous, efficient eye for details in every step in the campaign process to ensure communications are delivered without error.
- Fast learner and ability to set direction and execute in a quickly evolving, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Serve as the primary contact for any campaign challenges from support or other teams.
- Stay current with email marketing and push notification best practices for content, design, and strategy.
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy