The Email Marketing Specialist reports into the Content Manager and will be a key channel contributor to help grow our brand’s digital base community and drive revenue to thebay.com. This individual is a creative thinker who will partner with internal teams and external vendors to ensure the development and
accurate execution of email content from end-to-end. They will support the Content Manager to ensure email programs are well-planned, properly briefed and exceptionally executed. With an entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude, the Email Marketing Specialist will facilitate collaboration across teams and operate from consumer-first mindset.
Who You Are
- Demonstrates comfort in flexing all communication styles and establishes positive interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Creates an environment of excellence by setting high standards for measuring success
- Self motivated and resourceful
- Can easily adapt to changes and can effectively approach issues and identify opportunities from a unique perspective
You Also Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience, including experience in email marketing and/or digital marketing at a retailer, tech company or agency
- In-depth understanding of key performance metrics and the ability to recognize how they might impact the business
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficient in Excel (including creating pivot tables/advanced formulas) Word, PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to build cross-channel relationships and influence key business partners with a respectful, can-do attitude
- Tapped into email marketing trends, best practices and technologies
- Proficient in HTML (preferred)
- Hands on experience working with ESP and analytical tools
As The Email Marketing Specialsit, You Will
- Collaborate with Creative, Marketing and eCommerce to create compelling briefs based on seasonal trend considerations, business objectives, brand differentiation and relevant consumer moments
- Review weekly emails with close attention to detail to ensure quality and accuracy
- Align with cross-channel partners on email content and communicate necessary changes to Creative
- Provide ideas and develop implementation plans for new program initiatives with a focus on trigger campaigns and a personalized customer relationship
- Support the Content Manager in developing monthly and weekly email strategies to improve channel performance and optimize performance
- Collaborate with Email Analyst to develop and execute test plans for key channel components such as subject lines, timing, creative, segmentation, frequency, and more
- Represent the email marketing position among cross-functional partnerships, presenting recommendations for program enhancements and new initiatives in order to meet goals
- Develop customer segmentation strategies across marketing retention channels to determine the targeted audience for each message
- Align with eCommerce team on email linking strategy to track inventory and provide a best-in-class customer journey
- Support the development of omni-channel initiatives, including promotional campaigns, social integration, and drive-to-store efforts
Your Life And Career At HBC
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.