The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing and building emails related to customer retention, acquisition and promotion to support marketing campaigns for all Hershey Entertainment and Resorts brands including Hersheypark, The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, ZooAmerica, Dining in Hershey, Hershey Bears and more. This position works within the broader digital team and closely with project managers, marketing managers, designers and IT.
(Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Build all email marketing campaigns in the email marketing tool:
- Develop HTML/CSS for emails and launch on a timely basis.*
- Set up and configure data filters and segmentation in the email marketing tool to deliver dynamic messaging to unique guest segments.*
- Set up link tracking and apply code for dynamic content.
- Preflight, test and deploy emails on a daily basis.*
- Pull reports on email that track KPIs and business metrics on a regular basis.
- Analyze campaign results to uncover actionable trends and insights. Identify potential issues and recommend solutions.
- Manage transactional email campaign content; configure and deploy promotional and transactional email campaigns.
- Support the execution of a variety of digital project work – marketing emails, web updates, List management, campaigns and promotions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, IT, or related field.
- Proficient with HTML and CSS for email.
- Other coding skills considered a plus: Web HTML, SQL, etc.
- Understanding of Marketing Automation strategy, features and best practices.
- Experience using industry leading Email Service Providers (for example: Responsys – preferred, Marketo, Eloqua, Salesforce Marketing Cloud,Hubspot).
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.