Good Buy Gear is the leading online marketplace for quality checked, secondhand and open box baby, toddler and kids gear. We’re reinventing how parents shop for their children by reducing consumerism and saving families time and money. We’re tackling this multi-billion dollar industry by putting parent’s needs first and are proud to give secondhand shopping the legitimacy and convenience it deserves to become a modern-day movement. Working at Good Buy Gear feels like being on a high-functioning sports team. Everyone has an important and unique value to provide. Everyone knows their contributions have an impact. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company as we’re growing fast! The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of scaling growth-stage businesses who is energized by working in a dynamic, exciting and fast-paced environment.
About The Role
We’re looking for a driven, creative and analytical Email Marketing Specialist to drive strategy, execution and innovation of consumer-facing email marketing initiatives at Good Buy Gear. The Email Marketing Specialist will execute strategic email communications, including automations, lead generation and nurture programs, list management, data management and re-engagement campaigns. This team member will provide consistent reporting, analysis, recommendations and testing strategies with an eye toward best practices, deliverability metrics and emerging technologies, and will be responsible for developing and testing creative and branded email copy and content. The position will sit on the marketing team and report to the Head of Brand Marketing.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Have a complete understanding of our journeys and customers’ behavior to drive engagement with both our sellers and buyers in order to improve our buyer to seller flywheel and returning customers
- Develop and support ongoing email marketing strategies for our audiences, including content, list management, A/B testing, template creative direction and reporting
- Work closely with our product and analytics leads to ensure our email database is segmented effectively for targeted transactional and marketing communications with the right reporting in place
- Own and maintain our core journeys; as our processes and branding evolve you’ll be responsible for updating the journeys accordingly
- Work closely with members of the marketing team to develop and adapt integrated marketing campaign strategies for email and monitor their success
- Work with Head of Brand Marketing to define departmental and cross-departmental marketing processes, identify efficiencies and opportunities for automation
- Build reports to evaluate campaigns and flows to identify areas for improvement. Armed with these insights, you’ll work with the creative team to ideate new concepts to drive business results
- You’ll foster a data-driven mindset to help the marketing team evaluate the impact of email campaigns and support them on identifying the learnings, by constantly conducting A/B experiments that can be used as benchmarks for future activities
- Develop creative briefs, marketing content and copywriting for email marketing initiatives
- Maintain brand standards across all email communications and always think of the customer first You’ll be responsible for managing our email marketing platform, Klaviyo
You’ll be great for this role if..
- You have 2+ years’ experience working in CRM You have good knowledge in HTML and CSS and have experience with Klaviyo
- You have a strong understanding of email in addition to other marketing channels
- You are comfortable with CRM metrics and understand when it’s relevant to run A/B testing
- You’re passionate about CRM and have a strong analytical mindset and deep knowledge of regular CRM tools
- You excel at project management, from conceptualisation to driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives and delivering analysis and recommendations
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
What we offer
At Good Buy Gear, we value work-life balance. You will have access to competitive PTO, parental leave and paid Holidays. We provide flexible schedules and workplace options. Benefits go above and beyond medical, dental, disability, and vision with additional options like a 401k plan, monthly diaper subscription and discounts on all our Good Buys!